Guest Riptide

Cobra Video-Part Deux

Guest Riptide

TROJAN HORSE WARNING.....

I thought that I had posted this here last weekend. Turns out it was at another community which I belong to.

With all the public record disclosings as of late about this case, search warrant orders for phone and electronic communications, settlement documents between LSG and Cobra, etc., there are many who are uploading this information to any number of venues.

There is one creep out there directing people to download and view the settlement terms between Sean and Bryan at www.Limewire.com , under the file name "sean settlement". If you do a search for this file at limewire, you'll find 51 files under this file name. All but three are unrelated. Two of the three are corrupt AND...............

THE FILE TO ABSOLUTELY AVOID IS "SEAN SETTLEMENT" EXE 15.5 KB

This file contains a trojan horse, which my Norton caught, but if you do not run virus protection software on your PC, it will download and infect your O/S. I believe this is an intentional act by the author who posted the information.

Guest ScottAdler

>THE FILE TO ABSOLUTELY AVOID IS "SEAN SETTLEMENT"

>EXE 15.5 KB

An unfortunate part of LimeWire is that there are HUNDREDS of trojan file generators running at the same time. It's not JUST Sean Settlement by coincidence.

The program takes WHATEVER you search for and "creates" a file with that name and makes it available to download. It's always somewhere around 100 KB or less.

Essentially as a smart user you just have to look realistically at your results and how big the file SHOULD be.