TotallyOz

Bad Boys: Why fall for them?

I am not sure what it is about Bad Boys but I have always fallen in love with them. If given a choice between 2 equally attractive guys and one is sweet and kind and the other one has a street Bad Boy edge to him, the Bad Boy wins out every time.

My current longest boyfriend in Thailand is over 3 years. I met him when I was sitting in an outside café and he walks out with his girlfriend and they were fighting. They were going at it pretty bad when she says was going to kill him. He pulls a gun out of his pants and gives it to her. He holds up his hands and says, “You want to kill me, go ahead, kill me.”

I looked at him, and said, “that is my new boyfriend.” He came home with me that night and has been with me ever since. He still has that edge. He still has the bad boy in him and it is that image that simply melts my heart when I see him.

I did break up with him once. I found out all my boyfriends were doing some drugs. I sent them all packing. I left the country to return a few months later. All of them were back to working in the bars except the Bad Boy. He stayed in school and kept up with his classes. I wondered what he was doing for money as I knew he wasn't finished with school yet. He never called me or approached me and asked for anything. Every other boy did. When I finally had time to sit with him for a dinner I ask him what he has been doing. He said he was selling drugs to make it. I asked why he didn't start to work in a bar and make better money and less danger. He said, "I knew you would never take me back if I did that." He was right. And, to this day, he reads me better than anyone else.

Anyone else into Bad Boys? Why? Why not?