Guest StuCotts

Talent counts

Guest StuCotts

Is anybody as happy as I am to see the Dixie Chicks finally vindicated in their exercise of free speech and being rightly judged on the basis of their artistry?

• Members

I was rooting for the Chili's this year for AOY, but it was also good to see a Texas-based group take the top prize.

I still think that 'Stadium Arcadium' was a stronger album overall. The RHCP simply didn't have the 'anti-Bush' PR push that seemed to eventually work in favor of the Chicks.

BN

Guest eastburbguy

It's just one more indication that this country is SICK & TIRED of the plundering moron "W". Unfortunately, he's both too dim and too arrogant to get it. x(

• Members

>I still think that 'Stadium Arcadium' was a stronger album

>overall. The RHCP simply didn't have the 'anti-Bush' PR push

>that seemed to eventually work in favor of the Chicks.

Yes and that is the only reason they won. Their older work was much better than their current stuff. I thought there were other stronger nominees that lost out due to politics.

As for vindication by winning a Grammy. Am I the only one that remembers Milli Vanilli ?

• Members

I too was happy to hear that the my Texas girls were able to be judeged on their talents too. In fact I'm happy to say that a couple of my girls picked up awards. They being Mary J Blige and my favorite and best out of all the woman folk Madonna.

Hugs,

Greg

>I too was happy to hear that the my Texas girls were able to

>be judeged on their talents too. In fact I'm happy to say that

>a couple of my girls picked up awards. They being Mary J Blige

>and my favorite and best out of all the woman folk Madonna.

>

>Hugs,

>Greg

Greg, again I find myself disagreeing with you (in case you forgot, I am not that happy with the cities you choose to visit - or not visit! ;-) ). I just don't see it as being judged on their talents. This was not their best work - IMHO of course. Whenever politics, sentiment, or other emotional matters are involved with voting for award shows such as these, the losers are the award shows themselves (loss of credibility) and the other more deserving nominees. When the speculation in the press is it was a political statement (true or not), it doesn't work in their favor as winning on talent. For the number of awards they picked up, they should be burning up the charts and the biggest buzz in the business. I just don't see it.

Good luck 'Bear' hunting and stay warm! Maye you can bring a ray of sunshine to the windy city and cheer up those Bear fans.

• Members

>>I too was happy to hear that the my Texas girls were able

>to

>>be judeged on their talents too. In fact I'm happy to say

>that

>>a couple of my girls picked up awards. They being Mary J

>Blige

>>and my favorite and best out of all the woman folk

>Madonna.

>>

>>Hugs,

>>Greg

>

>Greg, again I find myself disagreeing with you (in case you

>forgot, I am not that happy with the cities you choose to

>visit - or not visit! ;-) ). I just don't see it as being

>judged on their talents. This was not their best work - IMHO

>of course. Whenever politics, sentiment, or other emotional

>matters are involved with voting for award shows such as

>these, the losers are the award shows themselves (loss of

>credibility) and the other more deserving nominees. When

>the speculation in the press is it was a political statement

>(true or not), it doesn't work in their favor as winning on

>talent. For the number of awards they picked up, they should

>be burning up the charts and the biggest buzz in the business.

> I just don't see it.

>

>Good luck 'Bear' hunting and stay warm! Maye you can bring a

>ray of sunshine to the windy city and cheer up those Bear

>fans.

Oh I plan on bringing LOTS of cheer to the Bear fans }( I'm not wanting a lot of warm weather, I'm actually hoping for a good few feet of snow the day that I am supposed to come back to Seattle so O'hare will be shut down and I'll have to stay another day in Chicago :P I've lost a lot of interest in the awards shows for music a long time ago. Often times the ones that have the true talent voice, artistic wow and what not are often over looked. But like I said the girls mentioned above work hard and imo greatly deserve the awards they won. Although Madonna should have won more then just best dance album.

Hugs,

Greg

• Members

>>As for vindication by winning a Grammy. Am I the only one

>that

>>remembers Milli Vanilli ?

>

>That footage of the disc getting stuck on repeat and then one

>of them bolting off stage in panic -- one of the all-time

>great moments in pop culture.

Milli Vanilli: The Movie

02/15/2007 1:00 PM, Yahoo! Music

Dotmusic

A movie about Milli Vanilli is in the pipeline, according to reports emerging from Hollywood.

The film will detail the rise and fall of the late-'80s duo, who became international stars only to be exposed as pop frauds.

Jeff Nathanson, writer of Catch Me If You Can, is understood to be behind the biopic, which has the backing of the group, claims the Daily Variety.

Both Fabrice Morvan and the estate of Rob Pilatus, who died in 1998 of a drugs overdose, have apparently approved the project.

Nathanson admitted to being "fascinated by the notion of fakes and frauds, and in this case, you have guys who pulled off the ultimate con."

He describes Milli Vanilli, who sold 30 million singles and 11 million albums, as "the biggest laughing stocks of pop entertainment."

The group were awarded a Best New Artist Grammy in 1990, only to be stripped of the award after it was revealed that they hadn't sung on their own recordings.

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/39926517

Hugs,

Greg

Guest twinklover

Mary J Bliige, "Be Without You." Greg, I may have to do this since I think you asked me on these very forums whether I'm up for a challenge. Well, I am "putting my hands up". "Put your hands up!" Much more my style musically than Dixie Chicks, although I love them and wish them all the best. So hopefully, Greg, you'll remember the moniker of twinklover if someone happens to email and engage you under that name. And you'll also remember I love to respond to challenges. "Talent counts", damn I thought that was only true in horseshoes and ballroom dancing. But Greg and I may find out the phrase has an extended meaning, :P

Guest twinklover

I mean it, Greg. Your mentioning of Mary J and Madonna was too much. Just too much for me tonight. I hope you love to dance too. Because I know just where to take you if you love dancing and we have a weekend engagement. Now I'll stop this public bullshit and handle the rest of this privately with you. Later, Mike

• Members

>I mean it, Greg. Your mentioning of Mary J and Madonna was

>too much. Just too much for me tonight. I hope you love to

>dance too. Because I know just where to take you if you love

>dancing and we have a weekend engagement. Now I'll stop this

>public bullshit and handle the rest of this privately with

>you. Later, Mike

I do like to put on my dancing shoes from time to time but not as often as I used too. It really sucks being an adult! But that being said give me some good music and I'm as happy as a fish in water. Without the enjoyment of music one has no soul.

Hugs,

Greg