Guest asdsrfr

An Interesting Article on Gay Bangkok

Boy, that is a pretty snobby article. I'm surprised the author even mentioned Telephone and DJ station.

It did give me a few ideas to check out next trip.

I don't know that "snobby" is exactly the word I would use but it's on the right track. I think it's great that these sorts of venues are appearing and from all accounts they are what has been missing from the gay scene. But I am not sure that the occasional tourist is likely to get much of an entree into this scene. The author certainly does have a point of view that looks down on the "traditional" Silom scene which I think is somewhat unfortunate. I think both have their place and you don't need to put one down to promote the other.

I also didn't realize Gene from Futon was gay. That's kind of cool. I never paid a whole lot of attention to their music because I have gotten into so many other bands but I will certainly check them out now.

Boring is my reaction! Bla Bla Bla

"Oozing tropical heat, teeming with some 10 million people, and exuding exotic style fused with the insane glamour of Tokyo's youth culture, this phantasmagoric collection of old villages and hypermodern communities soon will take you."

And I never saw monks go for alms at midnight...I see at 5 a.m.

Dutch DJ? DJ is a job that a Thai can not get?

As always, I may be wrong....but I don't think so!

Guest xiandarkthorne

Having read the article, I must say that I coldn't agree with you more, Kenrfc. Give me a man with dirt between his ties and chocolate honey on his his skin - that other kind I can do without, thank you.