Guest eastburbguy

"Chiming in" - Just curious

Guest eastburbguy

So, in the (boring) Superbowl aftermath, I am pondering what drives some people to post on message boards. :P

I'm thinking of one person in particular who seems to chime in on almost every post on a certain message board (with content similar to this site), but he almost never has any personal experience with the subject under discussion. x(

To be sure, I am not "dissing" that poster; rather I'm just curious about that behavior. God knows (Bless her }( ) the internet has produced many "communities" / message boards where lonely people may now take comfort. :7

Comments?

• Members

>So, in the (boring) Superbowl aftermath, I am pondering what

>drives some people to post on message boards. :P

>

>I'm thinking of one person in particular who seems to chime in

>on almost every post on a certain message board (with content

>similar to this site), but he almost never has any personal

>experience with the subject under discussion. x(

>

>To be sure, I am not "dissing" that poster; rather

>I'm just curious about that behavior. God knows (Bless her }(

> ) the internet has produced many "communities" /

>message boards where lonely people may now take comfort. :7

>

>Comments?

Aside from the person whom I am not sure who it is I come to the message boards and not just these to find folk with common interests. I enjoy a few things while not working like, scooters, Madonna (duh), coffee (yummy!!!), hooking, traveling and an internet game called neopets (I'm a geek). Trying to find a few people or just one who is interested in all that in person is impossible and there aren't enough hours in a day to hang out with everyone who is. So the message boards make it easy to find those who enjoy the things I do. I've met a lot of great people on the boards in person during my travels that I might have not met if it weren't for the boards. So in that respect I am glad that technology has advanced. It also reminds me that the world really is a small place.

Hugs,

Greg