Guest StuCotts

Foley! Again?!

Guest StuCotts

Four months ago Mark Foley was spirited away by the Rpublicans. Ostensibly, he went of his own free will to a rehab facility to dry out. Mr and Mrs. America were encouraged to believe that climbing on the water wagon would also cure him of his impolitic appetite for chicken dick and of his stupid recklessness.

He has since effectively vanished from the face of the earth. The media have easily forgotten him.

Foley likely ended up in a place that has more in common with Guantánamo than with the Betty Ford Center. My bet is that the Republicans will keep him under wraps -- in durance vile if need be -- right through the 2008 elections.

Any insights? ( Assuming anybody still gives a fast fuck. )

>My bet is that

>the Republicans will keep him under wraps -- in durance vile

>if need be -- right through the 2008 elections.

>

>Any insights? ( Assuming anybody still gives a fast fuck. )

No insight but I usually do not subscribe to most conspiracy theories. I doubt the Republican party or leadership has any relationship or control over Foley nowadays. Why would he succumb to what they want of him to do anyway? Not like he will be able to make a comeback.

just my two cents....you get them for free.

Guest StuCotts

Thanks. On the other hand, the Republicans have every interest in insuring that that Foley's face will never again be seen in public nor his voice heard, so that voters will not be reminded of the indefensibility of the Republicans' laughable claim to be the party of family values and virtues.

Bingo! I think Foley will once again reappear, not as a candidate, but as a spokesperson for the left.

Sometimes what seem to be the worst things that have happend in one's life turn out to be the best. Certainly that was the case in my own coming out. I hope , for former Representative Foley, that his politically driven outing will lead him to have a greater comfort level with himself and that he'll be able to resume public appearances, this time as the person he really is.