TotallyOz

Saddam Hussein was hanged Saturday

• Members

I’m generally against the death penalty, but not in this case. It isn’t even about his crimes being so horrendous (which they were).

The problem is that in the back of many people’s mind – Iraqi and otherwise – was that he would some day return to power. This is the only way we can all be assured that this would never happen! I think that he had a very small handful of loyalists, and that everybody else secretly despised him. They were afraid to speak up even now for fear of his return to power. With his death, I am now assured that he will not return to power.

Guest ChicagoStillMatters

>>i wonder..if it will be on youtube ...lol u know

>someone

>>had to be there to tape that..

>

>Actually it is on Google.

>http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7532034279766935521

It bothers me greatly, that this video can be freely linked here without the author being made "inactive" by the owners of this site; when other posters, such as me, are made "inactive" for posting humorous pictures of "holiday ho cards" at the same time. This image of a man being hung to his death is without question the most difficult thing I have ever seen; it actually sickens me beyond words....so why do authors of this site, offering far less type controversy, get banned and made inactive for their words than others do for posting imagines of barbaric death and get a pass? Is this video not as horrific and sickening as any ones personal viewpoint might ever have been here, whether spoken or insinuated?

I ask this because it all feels so very wrong and hypocritical......Images of a brutal hanging are accepted here, yet, if your name is ChgoBoy, your words and opinions are immediately taken from the admin to ever log on again and speak for who you are.

Death by brutal hanging is acceptable here. Voice by opinion and thought is not.

Is it really my lack of understanding which makes me feel so wronged by this websites management? Why is one so acceptable and the other is not?

How can a website admin support and allow the posting of the video of another man's brutal hanging to his death, and not, at the same time, support and allow another man’s voice to be heard, who has NEVER committed the crimes of the former on his website?

When you silence the one, yet promote the other, you are nothing more than a group of people who choose to control thought and expression in your world of comfort. Perhaps that’s your right, and, I would never argue that; but aren’t you really just trying to control what you want expressed in your perfect world of controlled expression and reality? Perhaps, that is what this message center was meant to be. But, by being so, most of those with alternative thought and beliefs are being shut out by the very people who demand honesty in their reporting and expression from their viewpoint. You can’t have it all and if you really want it, it will come from those who you least want to hear from.

Happy New Year to all you members here. May you all have healthy and wonderful lives in this New year.