KYTOP

Sadness in KY

• Members

It is a very sad time here in KY after the plane crash yesterday. Most of the passengers were from Central Ky and today I learned I knew a few of them, not close just had met them a time or two. It is times like this you realize what a small close knit community this state is. The passangers died a horrible death by burning alive, many had made it from their seats when fire engulfed the plane.

The opening of the Emmy's was considered distasteful and it is widely felt that if the plane crash had occurred out West or in California they would have edited the opening. A sad day for Ky and a tasteless day for Hollywood.

Guest FourAces

A terrible situation. My heart goes to the families of the victims.

But with that said I am not sure why anyone would be watching an entertainment show if they were so sadden. I watched the coverage of the skit in question on both FOX and CNN and BOTH stations presented commentators that relayed the exact same message... why were these people in KY watching? I really agree with them too. TV would be the last thing on my mind if I was more directly affected. If we lived in a perfect world the victims would still be with us.

I doubt very much that if this same situation happened in Los Angeles it would have made a difference in airing the skit. Though I personally feel they could have cut the plane part out and began with Conan walking in from the ocean on the LOST set ... everyone would have still gotten the joke.

Again KY I feel for your loss and for those who lost their lives so horribly without qualification. My prayers go out to them.

• Members

>A terrible situation. My heart goes to the families of the

>victims.

>

... why were these people in KY watching? I really

>agree with them too. TV would be the last thing on my mind if

>I was more directly affected. If we lived in a perfect world

>the victims would still be with us.

The local ABC, NBC & CBS affilliates in Lexington and other parts of Ky carried NON Stop coverage of the crash all day. Then the NBC station switched from the plane crash coverage to the Emmy's with an opening panning a plane crash. You figure it out! .

• Members

>A terrible situation. My heart goes to the families of the

>victims.

>

>But with that said I am not sure why anyone would be watching

>an entertainment show if they were so sadden. I watched the

>coverage of the skit in question on both FOX and CNN and BOTH

>stations presented commentators that relayed the exact same

>message... why were these people in KY watching? I really

>agree with them too. TV would be the last thing on my mind if

>I was more directly affected. If we lived in a perfect world

>the victims would still be with us.

>

>I doubt very much that if this same situation happened in Los

>Angeles it would have made a difference in airing the skit.

>Though I personally feel they could have cut the plane part

>out and began with Conan walking in from the ocean on the LOST

>set ... everyone would have still gotten the joke.

>

>

>Again KY I feel for your loss and for those who lost their

>lives so horribly without qualification. My prayers go out to

>them.

>

>

I also thought the beginning of the Emmy's was tasteless and an insult to the people affected by the crash and I am not a Kentuckian (For once I agreed with FOX NEWS..God Help Me!). I read the profiles of the victims on the Lexington Herald Leader website. My gosh what a sad day. The articles about the couple that had just gotten married brought tears to my eyes. The fight attendant was a cutie pie. So many lives ended much too soon.

I echo KY's thoughts that if the crash had happened on either the left or right coast that there would have been a bigger uproar over the insensitivity shown by NBC.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims and the entire Commonwealth of KY.