Guest ValleyDwellerNorth

TV Recommendation: Lovespring International

Guest ValleyDwellerNorth

When I think of shows on the Lifetime Network I automatically think of shows with subject matter revolving around a vagina. Things like douching, divorce, make-overs courtesy of K-Mart, etc. But I was channel surfing and I saw the advertisement for a new show called "Lovespring International". It looked funny. But the promise delivered in 30 second promos usually don't deliver. WRONG in this case!

If you want to watch a comedy that doesn't try to be so intellectually funny yet have a great edge to it you will enjoy this show. I am only 13 minutes into it and I have laughed loudly a few times.

Go to http://www.lifetimetv.com/shows/lovespring/ for more info. And the delightful and VERY funny Kerri Kenney who plays Trudy Wiegel on "Reno 911" guest starts in the first episode. WONDERFUL performance! And Wendi McLendon-Covey who plays Clementine Johnson on "Reno 911" is also on the show as a main character. I am sure they will re-air the premier like 40 times as this is the Lifetime Network and not ABC.

Indeed this will make you laugh. Give it a try. And the character of the receptionist played by Jennifer Elise Cox is a complete guilty pleasure as she is a total valley girl with absolutely no intelligence.

Anyone else catch this show?

VDN

• Members

>When I think of shows on the Lifetime Network ...

>

>If you want to watch a comedy that doesn't try to be so

>intellectually funny yet have a great edge to it you will

>enjoy this show. I am only 13 minutes into it and I have

>laughed loudly a few times.

>

VDN, please report back if you survive the entire 30 min encounter. Just slowy passing by that channel makes me itch. :P

If you report back, I may have to invest in a bottle of Calamine. :7

Guest ValleyDwellerNorth

>VDN, please report back if you survive the entire 30 min

>encounter. Just slowly passing by that channel makes me itch.

>:P

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2706/humordouchesd5.jpg

>If you report back, I may have to invest in a bottle of

>Calamine. :7

The good thing about Lifetime is that if you go to the link I referenced in my initial post they will send you an email reminder when the show is on. So, if you don't have a DVR to record the show at least you know when to turn on the channel. That way, you can avoid tampon commercials. I believe I counted three while fast-forwarding through the commercials. Yes, I know it is a channel geared toward woman and really gay men (I am not really gay, just sort of gay) but with proper planning you can avoid all exposure to talk on itching and various states of freshness. ;)

Guest ValleyDwellerNorth

>...but never, thankfully, to these:

>

>http://www.vagisil.com/images/cremeorig_new.jpg

It is sad on how so many commercials are so "free" in an attempt to sell their product. I would imagine that if a woman had vaginal itching, smell and overall all crotch discomfort they would hurry to their gyno and not wait for an explicit commercial to give them a clue on how to tame their roast beef curtains.

We need to go back to the days of Lawrence when the commercials were simple and care free. I don't' care if some chick's ham wallet is inflamed because she went horseback riding.