Guest dale1

Benefit for Gay Pattayan Jomtien Complex 1 Feb

I have been asked by Monty to post the following text for a GALA EVENT in Jomtien Complex from a flyer as he is unable to access to his computer:

Benefit for Allen Briggs -- Raffle, Auction & Donation to benefit Allen Briggs (Gay Pattayan)

JOMTIEN Fab Feb >> Street Party >> Thursday, 1st Feb. 7:30 pm until late

Your Hosts: Monty's Enchanted Hut, Bondi, Over the Rainbow, Queen's Restaurant, Curtains, B. J. Bar, Question Mark Bar

300 baht entry includes a big buffet and first drink (food served until 9:00 pm)

No drinks over 100 baht

Free shows -- Live Music -- Guest Artists -- Lucky Spots

Over 100 boys to take care of you!!

Guest travelerjim

I have been asked by Monty to post the following text for a GALA EVENT in Jomtien Complex from a flyer as he is unable to access to his computer:

Benefit for Allen Briggs -- Raffle, Auction & Donation to benefit Allen Briggs (Gay Pattayan)

JOMTIEN Fab Feb >> Street Party >> Thursday, 1st Feb. 7:30 pm until late

Your Hosts: Monty's Enchanted Hut, Bondi, Over the Rainbow, Queen's Restaurant, Curtains, B. J. Bar, Question Mark Bar

300 baht entry includes a big buffet and first drink (food served until 9:00 pm)

No drinks over 100 baht

Free shows -- Live Music -- Guest Artists -- Lucky Spots

Over 100 boys to take care of you!!

Hello GT Friends,

On The Baht Stop message board, several posters have asked for more information about this event and how the proceeds are to be determined for the benefit of Allen - The Gay Pattayan.

I have replied ....and for once ....have let my true feelings about this question be known...for I do believe in "absolute transparency and accountability" when it deals with all charity activity.

I will be at the Jomtien Complex and I will be pleased to support their efforts to raise donations for The Gay Pattayan.

But I really would like an answer to my questions posed in my posting...and raised by others as well.

Thank you,

TravelerJim

Here is The Baht Stop board message thread:

http://www.baht-stop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1179 .

QUOTE(TiTo @ Jan 25 2007, 10:11 PM) *

Thats most of the time the problem with charity event at pattaya's gay venue's They don't tell you how much they give. But I am sure in this case the owners of the bars will provide all the goods and services.

It was G.P. who made so many times free promotion for them that I have no doubt that this will be OK.

Thanks haloi for having this question. I also always like to make sure to know where my money goes.

(My response to Haloi and Tito)....

Hello Haloi, Tito and Friends,

Very good question Haloi and Tito...in fact IT IS a GREAT QUESTION!

I applaud the gay business community for stepping forward to promote Charity events throughout the year .....and especially this one special for the Gay Pattayan - Allen...

Now as a resident member of the gay community here in Pattaya, I am pleased to offer my support too... and I have my questions and beliefs...

I think the business owners really should say ACTUALLY how much ??? in baht or %%% of each drink, dinner & actual sales and proceeds are to be donated to Allen's Medical Care Fund...."before" the event is held!

My Friends.....Please do not get me wrong....But for many, many years in America, like many of you - I have worked and volunteered in many capacities - as a Professional, as a Volunteer, as a School Board Member, and have been on the Executive Board of Directors for a National not-for-profit organization.

I truly believe ...

Clearly ....and 100% of the time....the staff, volunteers, board members and general public ALL have a right to know how all funds which are raised and their proceeds are to be used and expended in charity programs, events and promotions. Full transparency & accountability is of most importance.

So may I ask ???

Monty and fellow business owners participating in the Jomtien Fab Feb Bash for Allen....(and others who may be considering such promotions in support of the Gay Pattayan aa well as gay community charitable activities in the future)....

How much of ...(please respond in baht - with specificity)....

EACH TICKET (cost of 300 baht for the buffet with one drink) ...

EACH DRINK...(100 baht all added drinks (with one free drink included with the buffet).....of added drinks purchased during the night -

Are you planning to actually DONATE to Allen's Fund ???

Or...are you promoting the event and hosting the buffet dinner with one drink ....pocketing all 300 baht to cover costs for the dinner and one free drink ....then planning on "passing the hat" among guests who are in attendance...and conduct an auction or have raffle tickets for ??? ....with the real donations coming from "passing the hat" and "auction/ticket raffle" type of fund raising ???

Mind you - you have the right to host the event as you will - without responding to the questions raised....but I do believe it is time in Gay Pattaya and Gay Bangkok - that the gay business community "be specific" of their donor plans for their charitable promotions.

Also I believe it is time (if they have not already done so) for the Thai beer and liquor wholesalers to ante up and donate bottles or kegs of beer and liquor spirits and wine... and/or the restaurants prepare the buffet truly in the name of charity..and the full amount of the nights proceeds be donated...That really is Charity!

There may be laws in Thailand against donating alcoholic beverages and spirits - but maybe a "promotion" can become a "sponsored event" by the beer and or liquor company to help the gay community raise real baht for the charity.

Yes, please clarify and tell us...I am anxious to hear...others in the gay community may likewise be listening ...and trust me - I am pleased to support this and other charitable efforts of the gay business community.

And again...I applaud your quick and earnest efforts to raise funds for our dear friend - The Gay Pattayan.

TravelerJim

ALSO the Sat Feb 10 Benefit for Allen is ON. Poster this week it will be Maisie Trollette in Cabaret and a Raffle and Champagne Auction courtesy of David of La Cage and Peter Storrow of Throb, Special 5 course dinner for 590 baht for those who wish and open to all for show at 10.30pm Bookings now taken on 038 423 515. Let's all be Champagne Charlies for Allen.

Friday update - Allen came out of Hospital this afternoon for weekend back on Monday for more checks. Boyfriend Ken and friend Wayne and I were there to see him home he was bright compared with last week and the Cranium Tap seems to be working.

ALSO the Sat Feb 10 Benefit for Allen is ON.

Poster this week it will be Maisie Trollette in Cabaret and a Raffle and Champagne Auction courtesy of David of La Cage and Peter Storrow of Throb.

Special 5 course dinner for 590 baht for those who wish and open to all for show at 10.30pm Bookings now taken on 038 423 515. Let's all be Champagne Charlies for Allen.

WHERE ???? :)

Found it on the other thread = Le Cafe Royale Boyz Town.

Guest ear wig

From a post on sawatdee I think is of interest to all those who know Allen and have been reading this drama build up.

sawatdee post;-

Now is the time to go home?

I really do hope Allen is going to get strong and if he does when he is strong enough to fly, would it be not more sensible for him to fly Home to the States where he can get the suitable treatment and help he needs now, if he has family there or the heath services, Im sure they could look after him there better, even though may be he has more friends here now after all these years, I know to be stranded in Thailand with no money is the worst thing that can happen to anyone, But now with this serious Illness surly it is time to go home and receive the very best treatment he obviously urgently needs.

Also with the big function for Allen in Jomtien Complex we are all looking forward to what happened with all this build up on every forum & interest created, , I would have thought there would have been a post here with photos, telling us how many turned up, what the food was like, what the acts were like, who compared and what was the taken and who is in charge of coordinating all the money and what percentage is going to Allen, he obviously need it now urgently. Plus I would have thought a ticket home to America to his family. Lets all prey Allen is going to make it through ok.

Photos care of www.boxertravels.net

http://www.boxertravels.net/allen1/index.htm

contratulations to all concerned wonderful good work.

Ok Travelerjim our posts must have clashed hopefull the photos will follow with Walli Pickering in charge of the money, we now know its all ok, he must be the most trusted man in Pattaya, It so good so many people have given anonomously discreatly with out a lot of hulabaloo :-

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/about10526.html

From a post on sawatdee I think is of interest to all those who know Allen and have been reading this drama build up.ETC

Cor give us a chance ear wig only just waking up here.

Over 300 attended. Food very good. Monty compared.

101220 baht raised including 40000baht from Pattaya Properties Ltd, 30000 baht anonymous UK, 5000 Monty.

All cash donated in Thais4Life Bank account already for Allen.

Pictures soon at my web site and full story in weekly report next Wednesday.

Allen improving after more surgery yesteday.

I dont see your name on donations list or did I miss it?