Gaybutton

A Visit with Gaypattayan

Today I, and some friends, went to Bangkok-Pattaya hospital to visit with Gaypattayan. We were very pleasantly surprised to see him fully alert, in excellent spirits, fully coherent, and looking great for someone who just came through surgery. He even expects to be released very soon, possibly as soon as tomorrow.

His boyfriend was also there, asleep on the couch in the hospital room as he had been there all night helping to take care of him.

The room is in the new wing of the hospital. The room itself is impressive. I wish my own bedroom at home was as nice. The nursing staff is also excellent. He pressed the buzzer for nursing service and the intercom was instantly answered and a nurse came in to see him in less than a minute.

The good news is, based on our observations during the visit, unless something goes wrong at this point, he's going to be ok. He told us he will not be able to handle the "Weekly Report" anymore, but he was greatly pleased when we told him that it is already being handled and it even has it's own URL. He was very happy to know that the "Weekly Report" won't have to stop because of his ill health.

Guest travelerjim

Thanks GB for the update.

It is wonderful to hear of the promising news of the Gay Pattayan's (GP) - Allen's health.

Hopefully, he will not need another surgery (which I understood was a real possibility as of a couple of days ago).

Very good friends of mine and Allen's - who now live in Oklahoma, USA - heard about Allen's need for funds - and have kindly contributed US$100.00 today :-)

Let's hope more of Allen's friends will step forward with donations for the Allen Briggs Medical Care Fund - which is being administered by Thais4Life in Pattaya.

UPDATED:

The "Spice" Magazine has kindly made available a special webpage on their website and are acepting donations using their secure server - so now everyone worldwide may contribute if they wish to the Gay Pattayan Medical Care Fund: (here is the link from "Spice" Magazine website).....

http://www.spicemag.net/?page=Allen .

Thanks again GB ....please keep us informed of more good news about the GP - Allen Briggs.

TravelerJim

Thanks again GB ....please keep us informed of more good news about the GP - Allen Briggs.

I'll do my best.

I would also like to mention, and this really is directed at everyone, that we ask you to please refrain from using anyone's surname when posting messages. Actually, it is best to stick to simply their posting handles.

I've already pointed this out to people who posted Allen's surname and the Code of Conduct clearly prohibits use of people's real names. It normally would cause us to take out the message entirely, although we can make an exception in this case since the new "Weekly Report" web site does use his full name.

However, in the future, everyone please stick to posting handles. There are people out there who do not wish for their actual names to be used at all, especially when it is not them doing the posting.

Guest travelerjim

Thanks GB for the update.

It is wonderful to hear of the promising news of the Gay Pattayan's (GP) - Allen's health.

Hopefully, he will not need another surgery (which I understood was a real possibility as of a couple of days ago).

Very good friends of mine and Allen's - who now live in Oklahoma, USA - heard about Allen's need for funds - and have kindly contributed US$100.00 today :-)

Let's hope more of Allen's friends will step forward with donations for the Allen Briggs Medical Care Fund - which is being administered by Thais4Life in Pattaya.

UPDATED:

The "Spice" Magazine has kindly made available a special web page on their website and are accepting donations using their secure server - so now everyone worldwide may contribute if they wish to the Gay Pattayan Medical Care Fund: (here is the link from "Spice" Magazine website).....

TravelerJim

January 25th...

I have updated my posting to include the NEW SPICE MAGAZINE WEBLINK FOR CREDIT CARD DONATIONS...

...and it includes MORE detailed information about how to do a Bank SWIFT Transfer or an ATM bank transfer to the Thais4Life Bank Account here in Pattaya, Thailand.

Thais4Life is pleased to be able assist Allen's Friends by administering the funds and this special appeal for The Gay Pattayan

Thanks again.."SPICE" Magazine :-)

Your assistance in making available your secure server for donations is proving to be of invaluable assistance to The Gay Pattayan ...

A good Friend of Allen's e-mailed me this morning to say that he had used your webpage today to donate US $300.00 for Allen! .....From USA to Thailand ...with LOVE :-)

TravelerJim

As terrible a thing it is that happened to GP, the silver lining on the cloud is that we have discovered that when a serious situation such as this occurs, many of us do as much as we can to help each other. I think it's wonderful to see that we are a cohesive, supportive group after all when those among us find themselves in need.

I'll bet that no matter who might have something terrible happen next time, most of the gay Thailand community will be there for whoever it is, doing as much as we can to help. I think this kind of support for each other is a very important thing and it's great to know that we can count on each other in times of crisis.