Gaybutton

GayPattayan's Current Condition

The following is an excerpt from an E-mail I received this morning:

_____

Allen's boyfriend informed me that Allen had surgery last night about 9 p.m. The neurosurgeon installed a shunt which will drain fluid from Allen's brain through a tube which empties into Allen's stomach. He said that Allen was in the Intensive Care Unit but expected him to be moved back to his room this morning.

Boxer has advised me that payments to help Allen are being handled through the Thais4Life trust account.

Contact Wally, Boxer, Monty or me for account details.

These details are not to be published in the public domain.

boxertravels@yahoo.com.sg

jinks@sawatdee-gay-thailand.com

info@thais4Life.com

With Monty selling the Hut and BB I'm not sure which e-mail to use.

There are 3 so that should do.

I hoped that the appeal to help our friend would be pinned with the email addresses so people can make contact and find out how to make donations. They have made the process very easy.

Allen has given so much free advertising to all the gay venues over many years at his personal expense due to his own desire to make people aware of what Pattaya and other towns in Thailand offer.

I believe it would be very appropraite to list the bars and restraunts that have donated as a way of continuing to advertise their good deeds. I believe the owners are very generous and have the ability to donate very quickly since they are right there in Pattaya. I am not trying to push this work onto anyone. I just happen NOT to be in Pattaya right now or would be very happy to volunteer to go place to place and collect their donations. Pattaya is a very close knit community and has always risen to challenges.

Allen is a friend and I am a bit frustrated that I am not there to help other than to donate which I have done. The people in charge however are fine people and I am glad they are doing their best to be of help.

Thanks to all who are pitching in.

You know I am glad to be Gay at times like this when we as a gay community come together to help one of our own, whom we might not know personally, but can appreciate what he has done for us all over the years.

I'm glad to be able to agree with you. I hope that whenever anyone within this Thailand gay community faces this sort of emergency, people will come together to lend their support, without regard to whether the person is liked, disliked, has made significant contributions to the gay community, or anything else. I believe that when it comes to a life or death situation, that's the time to set aside personal differences and help one another. If we don't support each other in a time of need, no one else will.

Guest travelerjim

I visited with Allen for a bit this morning. He was out of bed and sitting up in a chair. He said he felt much better and expects to be released tomorrow.

Hello Friends,

I chatted with Allen by phone at 12:30pm on Friday afternoon January 26th.

He sounded very cheerful and his voice was the Allen I have known :-)

Asked about his surgery of last Monday night, he said his Doctor is pleased with his progress this week.

He is hopeful of being released from the hospital at 2:00pm this Friday afternoon. He is now awaiting his Doctor's final visit before checking him out of the hospital. He will be back into his Pattaya condo ...and his Lazy Boy... by later this Friday afternoon :-)

I was so happy to hear a "chipper" Allen's voice - he sounds like a man on the "road to recovery"......and that is Great News!

May I add.....

The hospital and doctor bills are adding up each day ..and there will be needed checkups and medicines in the days, weeks, and months ahead as Allen makes progress from his surgery.

Please support Allen and the efforts of the gay community to raise funds for Allen's medical care expenses by donating by way of the "Spice" Magazine dedicated server website:

http://www.spicemag.net/?page=Allen .

or by personally visiting or seeing Thais4Life in Pattaya, Boxer, Wally or by ATM or SWIFT Bank Transfer to the The Gay Pattayan Medical Care Fund - administered by Thais4Life. Please see the "Spice" Magazine webpage for specific and helpful donor information.

And, finally... May I encourage all of us to support the events that are now being planned by the Gay Business Community in Pattaya ....the announcements of actual times and dates for events to benefit Allen - The Gay Pattayan - are soon to be made...

The Jomtien Complex Gay Business Community will hold their charity event for Allen on Thursday night February 1st....and..

I understand a Very Special Show is being planned by Cafe Royale for early February - with Star entertainment ...announcement to come soon...

...and that Panorama will soon announce an event for Allen...More are in the works..

Thank you all for your caring responses :-)

TravelerJim