Guest highrise

AirAsia baggage limits

Guest highrise

Hi guys. I'll be on a BKK-Phuket flight next week, and can't quite figure out their baggage limits. It seems they only allow 15kg, about 33 pounds! International flights allow two suitcases up to 50 lbs each, or 100 lbs! I also can't figure out the AirAsia excess baggage charges. There are differnt charges for "AK" or "FD" flights. HUH?! HELP!

Guest gwm4sian

Hi guys. I'll be on a BKK-Phuket flight next week, and can't quite figure out their baggage limits. It seems they only allow 15kg, about 33 pounds! International flights allow two suitcases up to 50 lbs each, or 100 lbs! I also can't figure out the AirAsia excess baggage charges. There are differnt charges for "AK" or "FD" flights. HUH?! HELP!

yes, they do only allow 15kg before they start charging, although the rules don't seem to be applied absolutely strictly. There are 2 rates of charge, one for international flights, one for domestic flihgts

Guest highrise

yes, they do only allow 15kg before they start charging, although the rules don't seem to be applied absolutely strictly. There are 2 rates of charge, one for international flights, one for domestic flihgts

Thanks for the info. So on the AirAsia web sight the show different charges for "AK" or "FD" flights. I can't find anything that explains the difference.

Guest dpausten

Those international limits apply only on flights to or from North America. Elsewhere the international limit in coach is 22 kilos, 30 in business. That is no per bag but total, with an additional 7 kg in hand luggage.

Some international airlines serving North America are reducing their luggage limits because of the high cost of aviation fuel.

Welcome to the rest of the world.

Guest GaySacGuy

I flew into Bangkok from US with lots of baggage, and met my bf in airport at Bangkok. We flew from there to Phuket. When I checked in she said you are overweight. Then she ask when I arrived, and I said just now. She confirmed this with my passport, and sent us on our way with no dharge.

However, a few days later in Phuket flying back to Bangkok (to get to Pattaya for two months), it cost me 900 baht in overweight charges for the same baggage.

It might be worth your time in Bangkok to tell them you just flew in from out of country and show them the passport stamps.