Guest travelerjim

Pattaya Street Kids Support Project ~ New Year Parties

Guest travelerjim

Dick - a member of the Sawatdee Forum has posted on the old EZ Board for Sawatdee Forum - a report with wonderful pictures from the Pattaya Street Kids Support Project ~ New Year Parties held for the Children's home...

I believe this report and the photos are deserving of a much wider audience - especially since the primary Sawatdee Forum website is currently off-line and "under repair".

Thank you Dick for your fine work in support of this charity project and for the report and pics :-) The generosity of the donors who contributed to the worthy project made it better than hoped for - per Dick's report.

Congratulations to all donors :-)

The following is Dick's report...

http://p092.ezboard.com/Pattaya-Street-Kid...icID=6063.topic .

Pattaya Street Kids Support Project ~ New Year Parties

http://pattayastreetkids.homestead.com/200...arpartyghp.html .

As I know some readers will be interested to know how the children's parties went, I am posting an extract from an email I received today from one of the Project's UK Trustees.

'I got back home late last night and have started to update the website and as I know some of your forum members were interested in the party at the HauyPong home I have put up a few photos and a little text at this link: pattayastreetkids.homeste...tyghp.html

I will add other photos of the other parties over the next week and a general report on the project but thought it an idea to kick-start the updates with the HauyPong party.

Incidentally we always welcome feedback on the website and the layout and ease of use as of course I can only see it from my computer using my own settings. So if any of your forum members have any comments critical or otherwise I would always welcome their views so we can try to make

the site as user friendly as possible.'

It is worth noting that the additional monies above their original expectations enabled the Project to give each child a little more in their goody bag, and that was very much as a result of the contributions from readers of Sawatdee. So once again chaps, many thanks and a Well Done!

Dick

Great report and fine charity work Dick!

Here is the homepage for the Pattaya Street Kids ...

http://pattayastreetkids.homestead.com/navig1.html .

TravelerJim

Thank you TJ for re-posting my message on this Board.

The Project's website has now been updated with additional pictures and a full report which can be seen here. I would encourage everyone to take a look and read the examples of how the Project is helping real people on the ground and making a difference.

'The Trustees wish to thank everyone who has supported this project in various ways and in doing so has helped the kids who may otherwise not have the support to make their difficult lives a little easier.' 'We would also confirm that as in previous years 100% of donations have been used for the benefit of the kids. No deductions have been made for administration costs as these have been met personally by the trustees. Also the travel costs of trustees visiting Pattaya have been met privately by those trustees as have any other expences associated with their visits.'