TotallyOz

Less Face Masks

Anyone else in Thailand notice that when you go out, there are less face masks?  I have been seeing that this week for the first time. It does not happen in my building as they will not let anyone in the front door without one. But, are other places now more lenient?

I had a manicure/pedicure today, and they still do the Thai Channa App and take name and phone number, temp for every customer and all precautions. I personally like all this. I hope it continues.

Yes I have observed that for a while now. Fewer masks, but that's almost always in outdoor settings, where I don't see too big a problem with it. Shopping malls and similar of course won;t let you in without mask (and temp check), in my condo nobody cares anymore; they also removed the footprints and instruction stickers in the elevators, how you were supposed to stand facing the walls to reduce risk of infection. 

As for Thai Channa, I find that hardly (if any at all) any place enforces it now, even upscale shopping malls. You can just walk past, no need to even pretend to scan the QR. I still do it most of the time, though, but not always. Even did it at Sauna Mania the other day. I also think it's a good idea, even at 3 months without local transmission. Just look at Danang, can pop up any day, unannounced.

7 hours ago, anddy said:

Yes I have observed that for a while now. Fewer masks, but that's almost always in outdoor settings, where I don't see too big a problem with it. Shopping malls and similar of course won;t let you in without mask (and temp check), in my condo nobody cares anymore; they also removed the footprints and instruction stickers in the elevators, how you were supposed to stand facing the walls to reduce risk of infection. 

As for Thai Channa, I find that hardly (if any at all) any place enforces it now, even upscale shopping malls. You can just walk past, no need to even pretend to scan the QR. I still do it most of the time, though, but not always. Even did it at Sauna Mania the other day. I also think it's a good idea, even at 3 months without local transmission. Just look at Danang, can pop up any day, unannounced.

Yes, I agree with you. The Thai Channa is not as monitored as before. I do go to Mega and they do want that but that was two weeks ago and not sure if the expectation is still the same. But, like you said, any day unannounced could happen and if so, a return to the ultra safe will ensue.