Gaybutton

Pattayagay.com "Weekly Report" Halted for Now, Possibly Permanently

I'm sure most of you who read the gay Thailand web sites also read, and probably have come to rely upon, Gaypattayan's "Weekly Report" on http://www.pattayagay.com .

Today Gaypattayan sent out an E-mail to those closest to him informing us that due to health problems, the "Weekly Report" cannot be produced until further notice. Unfortunately, his health problems are serious enough that he may be unable to continue the "Weekly Report" again at all.

He is presently trying to find someone capable and willing to take it over for him, if need be, but that will not be easy. It's an enormous task and, until these recent health problems developed, Gaypattayan never missed getting his "Weekly Report" published on time in all these years.

Probably the best alternative to the "Weekly Report" can be found on the http://www.suneeplaza.com web site .

Gaypattayan has done more to help the gay community in Pattaya than most of us could ever hope to achieve.

John F. Kennedy once said, when addressing a group of Nobel Prize winners who had been invited to a White House dinner, "This is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."

With regard to his service for the gay community in Thailand, his kindness, and his talents I believe a similar statement would be quite appropriate for Gaypattayan. I hope all of you join with me in wishing him a speedy and complete recovery.

_____

**A duplicate of this message is posted on the Baht-Stop forum**

Guest NiddysNook

This is indeed very sad news. I wish all the best to GP for a speedy recovery. It's no secret that he has toiled over this report for many years and that he has truly made a difference in all our Gay Pattaya lives.

I hope there is someway we can carry on his report as a testament to all he has done and so that others may be touched the same way I was 5 years ago when I read it for the first time. I certainly would be happy to help out as much as I can -- though I think taking it on completely would be outside of my free-time!

Let us know if I can help in any way.

God's Speed Allen...

-Chris & Niddy

Guest NiddysNook

I think the best thing to do, for those who do wish to be of assistance, would be to contact him directly.

I have actually done that on several occasions. This time I was just offering to the community at large -- in case there was an assistance group forming.

I have actually done that on several occasions. This time I was just offering to the community at large -- in case there was an assistance group forming.

Allen is not well at the moment so dont expect too many replies from him. With his blessing, there are a few friends of his and others who are looking into a new weekly report on Social Pattaya. Wally is taking the lead on this supported by us all and an announcement might be forthcoming in a few days. In the mean time if anyone has a way to help you could send info to me and I will pass on.

email: boxertravel@yahoo.com.sg