Guest travelerjim

Sawatdee Forum temporarily down....

Guest travelerjim

UPDATE - Saturday January 20th....

The Moderator/Owner of the Sawatdee Forum has posted this message...So now we know the problem and he is trying to get the board updated and back on-line.

TravelerJim

Here is Elephant Spike's posting:

http://p092.ezboard.com/sawatdeegaythailan...icID=6061.topic

.....scroll down to Elephant Spikes posting of January 20, 2007:

OK, In a Nutshel, the problem is this:

phpbb comes up with updated versions every 2 months or so, and I haven't updated in the year++ that this site has been up. The reason is because I would need to manually edit in all the code updates since I'm not running my own server, but renting space from my web-host on a shared server.

All of those manual code updates are really complicated to do because I have umpteen-gazillion modifications added to the basic phpbb software.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to make the site secure from automated spamming programs, which are getting to be quite sophisticated (and a really big pain in the ass!). Along the way, I've made some sort of error in the editing of a key file. At this point, I'm ready to swallow my pride and ask my web-host for some programming help in updating to the latest version, making the board as spam-proof as posssible, and, of course, getting rid of the "Gobbledygook" at the top of the page.

In the meantime, I think it may be best if I take the board off-line for now, and just have it forward to a page that explains our predicament, and links to this ezboard.