Gaybutton

Pattaya's Water Problems to be Solved by March - Maybe . . .

According to an article in Today's PATTAYA MAIL ( http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd4 ), Pattaya's water problems should be resolved by March. Let's hope them mean March of 2007.

Most people who are in Pattaya for a holiday would never notice a water problem. The tourist and hotel areas usually seem to be well supplied. However, water is being rationed in several residential areas, among them my own. When the drought finally ended, over a year ago, my area never experienced water shortages again . . . that is until recently. About two weeks ago my water tank had run dry and we were back to having to call water delivery trucks to fill our storage tanks.

Apparently, in my area, they turn on the water once or twice a week now. When they do, my storage tank is filled. But twice now I've had to call a water delivery truck. I also understand even Center Condo ran out of water a couple days ago, although I don't know whether that had to do with water rationing or a problem that occurred at Center Condo itself.

For a long time it was unusual to see any water delivery trucks. Now they're back, all over the place. That means there are many areas experiencing water shortages. I'm not sure why, considering that during summer and fall we had plenty of rain and also considering that Pattaya was boasting that there will be no more shortages for the next fifty years. Ok . . . . . .