Guest travelerjim

No new postings on Sawatdee Forum over a day ???

Guest travelerjim

Hello GT and Sawatdee Friends,

Note that there have been NO new postings for a day already on Sawatdee Forum....

I have tried to post but after I preview the message - the preview shows it as I intended...but when I push to post the message some gobbleygook appears across the top of the page ...and no posting made.

I think it has something to do with all the spam postings recently...but NO new postings appear fort day...so something must be stopping us from posting ???

Hope you can get it fixed...

Thanks again Jinks and Elephant Spike ...

for both your much appreciated and tireless efforts on behalf of Sawatdee Forum :-)

TravelerJim

Guest travelerjim

Reminds me of a neighbor who never says hello unless there's something he wanted to borrow.

Thanks Hedda for your welcoming remark...you are so full of .....grace, hospitality and charm !

As you know, I have followed and posted often on the message board initially originated by the GayPattayan...PattayaGay.com ....and when GP retired from Moderating .....I migrated to its successor board - the Sawatdee Forum.

Also I had enjoyed reading and posting on GB's Gaybutton Board...and always received good helpful advice from GB - especially when I needed it most in my earliest visits and year or two of visiting Thailand. GB's essays on many subjects are a must read ...especially for anyone thinking about retiring in Thailand.

I also enjoy reading this board and admire the fine website that this board's owner has created.

And, believe it or not - I enjoyed reading your blog and its commentary and outlook on the world scene...thought provoking insight you present in your blog writings.

Take good care Hedda and enjoy your day :-)

TravelerJim

Reminds me of a neighbor who never says hello unless there's something he wanted to borrow.

I was wrong.

It reminds me of a neighbor who never says hello unless there's something he wants to borrow . . .and then always has one of those engratiating "let's get together sometimes, I do so enjoy your company" comments when he leaves.

Nothing personal, old bean.

Enjoy your day too.

Guest travelerjim

UPDATE - Saturday January 20th....

The Moderator/Owner of the Sawatdee Forum has posted this message...So now we know the problem and he is trying to get the board updated and back in-line.

TravelerJim

Here is Elephant Spike's posting:

OK, In a Nutshel, the problem is this:

phpbb comes up with updated versions every 2 months or so, and I haven't updated in the year++ that this site has been up. The reason is because I would need to manually edit in all the code updates since I'm not running my own server, but renting space from my web-host on a shared server.

All of those manual code updates are really complicated to do because I have umpteen-gazillion modifications added to the basic phpbb software.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to make the site secure from automated spamming programs, which are getting to be quite sophisticated (and a really big pain in the ass!). Along the way, I've made some sort of error in the editing of a key file. At this point, I'm ready to swallow my pride and ask my web-host for some programming help in updating to the latest version, making the board as spam-proof as posssible, and, of course, getting rid of the "Gobbledygook" at the top of the page.

In the meantime, I think it may be best if I take the board off-line for now, and just have it forward to a page that explains our predicament, and links to this ezboard.

It is REALLY nice to just sit and read, without the frustration of........

"How do I deal with this" ???

Love to All, :rolleyes:

:excl: Niddy's gone :angry: but :rolleyes: this treat :D is starting a new :p soap ? :o Oi whit master Hedda ! :ninja:

Baziel :wub: