Gaybutton

Happy Bar - One of Pattaya's Newest Go-Go Bars - With a Difference

As a matter of fact, there are several differences, all of which greatly pleased me. I have attached their map of how to get there, but let me try to make it a bit easier for you. Happy Bar is what I would call an "Off-Sunee Plaza" bar. It's actually quite easy to find. If you exit Sunee Plaza on the Po Pot restaurant side, that's Soi Yensabai (Not to be confused with the Yensabai Condo). Turn left and just follow the soi. Just before you reach the Family Mart, about a three minute walk from Sunee Plaza, you'll spot Happy Bar on the left side of the soi.

It is very well worth a bit of a detour to get there. From among all the bars in Pattaya, many will likely agree with me that this is the most beautiful. It's small, but uniquely elegant with a beautiful Art Decco color scheme. The decor is intimate and the lighting is perfect.

I also enjoy the fact that the music is kept at a much lower volume than most bars. One of the things I have always appreciated about Gentlemen Club is the low music volume and now Happy Bar gives your ears a similar break. You can easily have a conversation at a normal level and your ears won't be throbbing when you leave.

The owners are two European young gentlemen, George and Roman. They make sure you feel welcome and are having a good time.

Another great thing about the bar. No pushy mama-sans. Actually, no pushy anything. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure they even have mama-sans there. If there are any mama-sans, they are indistinguishable from the waiters.

The drink prices are also a welcome break. I had a gin and tonic - a good one, not watered down - and it was only 95 baht. Most bars charge 120 baht and up for a drink, and many of them are watered down. Not at Happy Bar. You get a legitimate drink at what I believe are the lowest prices of any go-go bar in town.

The boys themselves are definitely cute and there are all types, something for just about everyone. They all wear tiny loin cloths that just barely cover the goodies. They dance. They really dance. None of the "one-knee-shufflers" at Happy Bar. They dance two at a time on tables right in front of you, and yet it doesn't come across as an in-your-face type of setup at all.

There are actually three floors at Happy Bar. The ground floor is the go-go bar area. The next floor up has sets of sofas and a very large lounge seat. If you wish, you can take the boy of your choice to the second floor, where there is much more privacy. The boys tend to lose their inhibitions on the second floor and touchy-feely is permissible as long as you do not carry it too far. Of course a tip is expected. I recommend 100 to 200 baht for the boy, depending on how well things go for you. If you are interested in carrying things to the next degree, well, that's what the third floor is for. That's where the short-time rooms are. Of course, you also have the option of taking the boy "off" and going back to your hotel room.

All of the boys are age 18 and up. You will not find under-age boys at Happy Bar. The "off" fee is 250 baht.

I was definitely happy at Happy Bar. Give it a try. I have a feeling a great many of you will quickly become regulars there.