Guest damien500

sunee plaza

Guest damien500

Hi People,i am hoping that some of you guys can give me some info on the Plaza.I have been to Pattaya a couple of times in the last couple of years.However i have never left the Boystown area as far as my gay activities go.Iam going to be in Pattaya again in 5 weeks and was thinking of checking out the Plaza.I am a bit worried about some of the things i have been reading on here.I am over weight and 60,like young and handsome boys,of legal age.I certainly do not want to be percieved as a pedo.Are there some bars i should stay away from.Thanking You All In Anticapation.

Guest ear wig

Welcome to the best secret area in Thailand.

If I was you I would start after either having a drink with the most favourite VIP American International "Corner Bar" owner Gary, many writers and readers, on these gay forums hang out at these two bars, Gary is there after 9pm and one of the most genuine Guyz you could wish to meet, or "Memories Bar" round the corner before 9pm they will take good care of you they also have the most tasty snacks you could eat. if your unlucky it is also famous for where the 'Poison Pen Gay forum Mafia', hang out, so you wont be lonley, Remember also you can order a Pizza from the most tasty Charlees Pizza or Clubber Restaurant to eat at your outside host bar and stay chatting or just watching the world go by.

The when you decide to go to your first Bar I would suggest JIMM JIMMYs James Go GO BAR you can ask Gary because Jimm the owner is usually drinking in the "VIP Corner Bar" him self , another most amazing wonderful guy a credit to Sunee Plaza they are, and Jimm Jimmy James must have the best Boyz all safe and with in the legal age for the area. if you need to take the boyz of your choice some where to get to know them better and dont wnat to take them to your room, you can go to Inchat Hotel pay 300 baht for a room if your with in 2 hours when you give your key back, they will give you 100 baht returned good value budjet room, in sunee plaza, you will see on a map below.

http://www.pattayagay.com/pattaya_maps/mappage1.html

From there you can go to Krazy Dragon Pub for a bit of a break and see what

I certainly do not want to be percieved as a pedo.Are there some bars i should stay away from.

Once you are able to decipher the above post, I can assure you there is no reason to avoid Sunee Plaza or any of the bars there. The thing to do is to check a boy's ID card before taking him "off" to make sure he is at least 18 years old. If the boy doesn't have his ID card or comes up with some story to explain why he doesn't have it, then don't take him "off."

The current Thai year is 2550, so he would have to have been born in 2532 or earlier to be of legal age. I would advise taking boys who were born in 2531 or earlier because you'll be here when it is still January-February. Even if boys were born in 2532 they still probably have not yet reached their 18th birthday.

Also, have the desk clerk at your hotel double check the boy's ID card to make sure it is a genuine ID card and that it actually belongs to him. Sometimes under-age boys are good at switching ID cards with a boy who is 18 or more when a "farang" wants to take him "off."

If you take those precautions, then you won't have any problems. Also, if you think under-age boys in bars is limited only to Sunee Plaza, I advise you to think again.

Regarding a perception of being a pedophile, I wouldn't worry about that. First, anyone who would think of you as a pedophile simply for being in Sunee Plaza would have to be in Sunee Plaza himself to even know you are there. Second, if your mode of thinking is anything like mine, then I wouldn't care about what someone else thinks anyhow. It doesn't matter what someone else may think. The only thing that matters is what you think. Third, the only people I have ever encountered who automatically assume one is a pedophile for being in Sunee Plaza are a few people who post on the message boards and don't know what they're talking about in the first place.

Is it 2550 already?

Yes, as of January 1st.

Despite having three new years including the wonderful week long (in Pattaya) Songkran, and the Chinese New Year with firecrackers resounding for 72 hours, the official Thai new year begins the same time as the Western.

Guest Butterflyboy

Hi People,i am hoping that some of you guys can give me some info on the Plaza.I have been to Pattaya a couple of times in the last couple of years.However i have never left the Boystown area as far as my gay activities go.Iam going to be in Pattaya again in 5 weeks and was thinking of checking out the Plaza.I am a bit worried about some of the things i have been reading on here.I am over weight and 60,like young and handsome boys,of legal age.I certainly do not want to be percieved as a pedo.Are there some bars i should stay away from.Thanking You All In Anticapation.

The only Bar in Sunee Plaza that you can be sure of with no under age Boys is 'Topman"

Most other Bars seem to have been raided with Boys and Owners dragged off to the Police Station etc.

It is guaranteed that Topman has no under age Boys working.

The show at 11.30 p.m. is the best in Pattaya and vairies every night.

Other than that, you must remember that the age for a working Boy in a Bar is 18 BUT the age that you can take him into another Bar for a drink is 20. Does that make sense to anyone !! On;ly in Thailand.

“The only Bar in Sunee Plaza that you can be sure of with no under age Boys is 'Topman"“

Perhaps the statement was intended to refer only to go-go bars, and not to “host bars”.

Certainly you can be assured those lads working at Memories Bar are of legal age.

Guest xiandarkthorne

Great thread this. It's certainly given me some pointers for when I do finally come to Pattaya. Thanks to everyone who responded with such detailed and specific information.

Great thread this. It's certainly given me some pointers for when I do finally come to Pattaya. Thanks to everyone who responded with such detailed and specific information.

I just hope that the information is not out of date by the time you finally get to make another trip to Thailand.

Guest buckeroo2

I was in one of the above forementioned bars 2 weeks ago - not to going to mention the particular bar name - I thought many of the boys looked quite young. After a short time, the doorman came in and said something to the mamasan - who then screamed something to the boys and about 20 of the 30 boys scampered off the stage and ran upstairs. The waiter told me that the police were spotted in the area. At that point I was fairly sure that the boys remaining were of legal age.

Guest hajuthai

I will also recommend The pub at La Cage, next to White Nigth restaurant.

The boys are cute and have the legal age. Owner David will be there after 9.30 pm and he can help you with a lot of things.

The White Nigth have a daily buffet at 220 bath, very good, try it. :rolleyes:

Guest damien500

Thanks guys for all the helpfull advise,i will be at the corner bar on Saturday 16th if u see me say hi.People sometimes tell me im a miserable looking prick,but i reckon looks can be decieving.

Guest CurlyEye

This is a very good thread, full of info on Sunee, so thought maybe good to bump it back up. :)

I have not been there for a couple of years but hope to spend some time there in May. Is the Amigo Bar still there, or changed to a different name and owner?

Does anyone have some suggestions on good places to stay in Sunee Plaza? I know about Howard's and Monty's. Is anyplace else worth considering? Also, a friend of mine really liked the Kingfisher which he said is right next to Monty's.

Guest MikeGeorg

This is a very good thread, full of info on Sunee, so thought maybe good to bump it back up. :)

I have not been there for a couple of years but hope to spend some time there in May. Is the Amigo Bar still there, or changed to a different name and owner?

Does anyone have some suggestions on good places to stay in Sunee Plaza? I know about Howard's and Monty's. Is anyplace else worth considering? Also, a friend of mine really liked the Kingfisher which he said is right next to Monty's.

there open a new hotel called "Don Plaza" at 1. April 2007 direct in the sunee.

there offer also " All inclusive" Thats means Breakfast, Dinner and all Drinks for only 800 baht/day

rooms start at 1250 baht

check out the website Don Plaza at Sunee

there open a new hotel called "Don Plaza" at 1. April 2007 direct in the sunee.

there offer also " All inclusive" Thats means Breakfast, Dinner and all Drinks for only 800 baht/day

rooms start at 1250 baht

check out the website Don Plaza at Sunee

From the address on the website it looks like the old Amigo spot that Clubber reputedly took over.

Guest MonkeySee

Right you are kenrfc. The old Amigo bar is closed and construction is well on its way for a new guesthouse. They have a long way to go, but they say it will be open in April.

Guest CurlyEye

Right you are kenrfc. The old Amigo bar is closed and construction is well on its way for a new guesthouse. They have a long way to go, but they say it will be open in April.

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding, but is this Don Plaza Hotel being bulit right where Amigo used to be?

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding, but is this Don Plaza Hotel being bulit right where Amigo used to be?

Exactly, the building is almost completely guttted and construction is underway

john

Guest CurlyEye

Exactly, the building is almost completely guttted and construction is underway

john

According to their web site, the cheapest rooms at Don Plaza will be 1250 per night. That must mean the don't plan to compete with the rates at Howards and Montys and offer some kind of higher scale establishment. It would be hard for me to want to spend 1250/night there with the other well known and less costly options immediately available.

Guest CurlyEye

Here is some info i found on pattayagay.com about the Po Pot Guest House, just in case anyone is interested.

someone asked about it on baht stop forum, but I was not able to register to reply there.

This was dated sep 2005 on pattayagay.com

* Po Pot Guesthouse has completed the renovation of its fully furnished apartments above its restaurant. Low season prices are 400 Baht daily; after November 1, the price is 500 Baht daily. Telephone: 07-0632670. E-mail: volkeralm@web.de. Location: Soi Marina Inn and Soi Yensabai across from Sammy's bar. (Po Pot's main entrance is off of Soi Yensabai (Pattayasaisong Soi 18) but the rear door, including an entrance, is off the driveway on Soi Marina Inn going toward the Sunee Parking Area.)