Guest ear wig

HEDDA CAUGHT PLAGIARISING.

Guest ear wig

Hedda Caught Plagiarising

HEDDA writes Shere unadulterated Plagiarism on fart-stopper.com one of the biggest subjects in Thailand at this time, Information stolen from a news service and rehashed as only Hedda knows how to do, in a desparate push to be taken seriously as a top journalist.

Hedda says,

It looks like the government is getting prepared to announce some new rules next Tuesday regarding how Thai companies with foreign owners can legally operate in Thailand. It's not clear yet exactly how the interim government proposes to deal with the problem of so-called "nominee companies." yes but where has this snippit come from we all want to see the whole story hedda, dont you realise the Importance if this subject ???

A lot of expats who own real estate in Thailand through the device of having a minority stock interest in

a Thai coropration will be watching the news to see what effects, if any, it will have on their homes.

The Thaksin sale to Singapore, and its subsequent use of Thai nominees to control what appears ostensibly to violate Thai laws, had added a political element to the equation that's unfortunate. The junta and its appointed government do not want to be seen as "soft on Thaksinism." That could lead to some unfortunate decisions that could negatively impact foreign investment in Thailand.

If anything, the Thais should be working on ways to open all but their most sensitive industries, markets and real estate to foreign investors. Instead, they appear too often to be protecting a small group of influential Thais from having to compete with foreign investors, all at the expense of Thai consumers. The Thais want open and unfettered markets for their exports but maintain stringent controls on free market access to Thailand itself.

The recent restrictions and tax on foreign capital that tanked the stock market did not enhance the governments prestige in the international investor market. Let's hope they don't go shooting themselves in the other foot with more restrictions on investments that will cripple, not help, Thailand in the global competition.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EAR WIG FIGHTS BACK HEDDA COUGHT RE HASHING AGAIN>>>>>>

.Quote hedda :- It looks like the government is getting prepared to announce some new rules next Tuesday regarding how Thai companies with foreign owners can legally operate in Thailand. It's not clear yet exactly how the interim government proposes to deal with the problem of so-called "nominee companies."End of quote

I AM AMAZED

Excuse me Hedda you start world war one for me and then you just lift a snippet from a News Service, this is a major worry of 20% of people living and who have bought Property in Thailand, that there is an end in site to this horrendous problem, then you do not print where you know this information is from, or write the full text, well if this is not a case of pure plagiarism I do not know what is, I know some people in Pattaya who are near suicidal and very depressed owing to the continuous deterioration of the property market.

Come on Hedda be fair. if its good for the Goose why is in not good for the Gander'

Im sure we must have a total apology from you.

http://www.baht-stop.com/forums/index.php?...4969entry4969

Guest wowpow

earwig - I don't see the relevant news service, publication or author in your post. Please advise so it can be seen that your accusation is valid - as was done when you indulged.

Guest KhunPA

Anyone who compares the post made on Bahtstop by Hedda to the newspaper editorial from which she took the news that new nominee rules would be coming next week, knows that there is not the slightest case for claiming plagiarism here.

I can only conclude that the poster called Ear Wig is too dumb to know better or too dishonest to care. Take your pick: no brains or no scruples.

Guest Pearl69er

To the contrary KhunPA.

After the great "plagairaism scandal of 2006" which rocked Pattaya to the core, everyone and everything is open to examination.

From what I see of Hedda's post-they are opinion pieces. Sometimes I agree entirely with his opinion. On the whole-he generally links to a source. Baht-Stop,which is an entirely annonymously owned internet board could not possibly be able to receive press release or communcations-the usual source of information these days which most publications rely upon having cut back on journalistic satff. Even then-to simply repeat what is stated in a press release is a form of plaigarism if it isn't aknowledged. It is however very common.

There is no government or private corporaton that will add a board to it's list if it does not know who the owner of that board is. We all know who owns the most commonly used Thai gay internet boards-Sawatdee and Gay Thailand for instance. Baht-Stop for reasons they are not obliged to disclose use a proxy server which will only disclose who the owner is upon receipt of a supeona.

The interent has opened a whole new world where the ordinarily the use of work done by others to write an article has seen all rules thrown out the window. That doesn't mean they still don't apply. There are hosts of reporters and journalists who are guilty everyday of plaigirising other's original research. It isn't the greatest crime on this planet but it is very common.

Plaigarism comes in many forms-it can be using another person's research and changing the words into your own-and not aknowledging the author of the original research . Many often use a source like Wikpedia to access information. Many people use on-line newspapers to access infomation to compile a story in their own words. However they should at all times aknowledge or annotate where they obtained that information if it is not their own orignal research.

There have been many scandals involving university students and even high school student who have used the internet to research and write either a thesis or composition and have failed to aknowledge their source. It is now a common rule to disqualify that student.Indeed most credible universities now have programs in place to ensure students who research information on the internet credit their source.

When everyone dived into attack Earwig-who innocently used a piece from a Pattaya publication-and to call it a newspaper is a mistake-it is a an advertorial publication-they demanded blood and they got it.

But they must now also expect examination of their own writings. It is most unfair to demand a certain standard from one poster without it applying to yourself.

I make no judgement on Earwig's claim-at this stage. But he raises a question of ethics that others have been very quick to rush in and condemn him about. They must therefore be prepared to be judged by their own rules.

Guest sattahip

What a pile of crap. There is a terribly "window-dresserish" saying I don't like but it is perfect here. "For Chr,,,'s sake, get a life".

Guest Pearl69er

My reply to you dear sattahipis the same I give to Smiles whenever he belts me up in writing...the important thing is-you read it. and responded.

Therefore one might suggest--it is you that needs to get a life.

Guest rainwalker

The resolution of this issue on Baht-Stop where it started, and finished, is as follows...

The owner of Baht-Stop has suspended Earwig and Earwig is no longer allowed to post on that forum.

The owner essentially said that the only person who has violated his posting policies is Ear Wig.

Baht-stop's owner goes on to say that "Ear Wig either doesn't know what plagiarism is or he knows and doesn't give a damn."

He takes a swipe at this "controversy" by stating that "It is a farce created by a man who barely 15 days ago admitted he had made similar charges without any basis and purported to apologize unconditionally for making them. "

He closes by posting "Ear Wig has abused not only the hospitality of this board but deliberately maligned the character of its moderators. He has forfeited the privilege of being a member in good standing and is suspended from posting.

"...... This farce is over."

Baht-Stop's owner's posting is located here

As I'm sure that things will start to get more heated in this thread as a consequence of Earwig/LMTU's banning there, I'm suspending this thread until the Moderators here have a chance to review the situation.

Rainwalker