Guest ear wig

Killing the Goose

Guest Abuelo

This is not much different than many other third world countries I have been to and is cheaper than 2 SA countries I visit a lot. This won't kill the goose it will only be a mild irritant to the old geese that knew it was once 500. Do any airlines have the option of collecting and adding the amount to your ticket? I use 2 airlines to go to Peru and one collects and adds the departure tax to the ticket and the other does not. Hope you are well and warm EW.

After the Bombing and the raids, Coup, then the early closing now this :-

AIRPORT TAX UP AGAIN NEXT MONTH/ 700 bhat to leave.

http://www.bangkokpost.net/topstories.php?id=115686

Airport Tax Up "Again"? When was the last time that it was increased. Seems to me that it must have been over twenty years ago. Nothing in the article referred to justifies the "again".

Perhaps the again refers to the recycling of news, as GB reported this back in September, but no harm to be reminded of it, as part of a positive post.

As to the News Year bombings, they seemed to have caused little disruption in Bangkok, most major cities around the world have had them.

As to the Raids,the only ones recently reported have been against Sunneee Bars, checking for underage prostitutes, something we all agree is a good thing, I'm sure.

I don't think the the Coup has affected anyone here's day to day existence, just politics and jockeying for power.

As for the early closing, I doubt that there is a city in Thailand where you can't find at least one venue to party till dawn.