Guest stef

Suvarnabhumi International Airport

Finally made it there and was able to test the airport. After all I have heard, I was eager to see.

First thing : I love the design, reminds me a lot of the Denver Airport.

Long Long walkway but you can find the same thing in some other airport. Japan for example, not a direct walk way but gosh it is a real struggle to get to immigration

I got there with Thai from Europe and was catching a flight to Japan with Thai Airways and I had to go through security again ? what's wrong with that.

Also one bad thing ( for me ) I could smell the cigarette when I got out of the plane was . They did set up those small smoking room around the airport but it is really bad. You can smell the cigarette everywhere. I am a non smoker and I am allergic to the smell. I just could not believe how strong the cigarette was from those little rooms. They should either have a double door system, that one close while the other opens, which would prevent the cigarette to get out. Or have a better ventilation system.

I was in Terminal C , went there early as I always do. Find myself to realized that first I had to go through security once again, went all the way through to C9 ( unbelievably far away ), it was the last gate of the C terminal. Anyway the gate wasn't open yet and I had to pee so bad. Come to realize, I could not go down. Saw the toilet sign but it was on the bottom floor. I guess the bathroom are for those that just arrives and not for those that are leaving. Unless the gate opens ( later on I saw they have one tinny bathroom )

So no bathroom, No shop whatsoever, there is strictly nothing after you go through security. Nothing except a huge automatic flat stairway that allows you to get to your gate faster But what do you do when you need to pee or get something to eat while waiting ? Well you have to WALK back , get out of the security by a strange door, as it wasn't set up for you to get out . They don't have it set up where you can easily walk out of that level. I had to ask where. Ayway, went out of the area, went to the Thai Lounge and finally made it to the bathroom.

Returned to the gate , went through security once again ( this time the did strip search me ) and that woman was padding me so strongly, good thing I am gay, I would have got a boner otherwise. I would have loved to have a nice Thai man, but did not see many of them.

Never had anyone padding me so strongly my ass and stomach before, right there at the airport.

Anyway, here I am on my way to the gate, admiring the look of the new airport wondering how they came up with such design. The design is different. Not convenient but ok. Finally made it to the gate, it was open, went down the level , and found NO power plugs. Such luck. Finally swallowed a sleeping pill and was ready to board the flight.

One last thing. As I travel a lot, I get the chance to use the Star Alliance Lounge. I don't fly business or first unless they upgrade me for free ( which rarey happens ), but I still enjoy using their lounge. Well I used to at the old airport. They had those nice lounge with nice computer rooms. The one I have tried at the new aiport was far to be nice. It was new yes, but they computer room was as small as my little niece's bedroom with NO extra power plugs. There were 2 power plugs , once of the monitor and one for the computer. I had to take it off to plug my own computer. I have looked at the several computer desk and they were all set up the same way. Not that convenient at all.

I saw many lounges, so I will try a different one next time.

Overhaul experience : Disappointed at first, but I just have to get used to it. I always travel and I love things to be convenient. I love airport to be convenient. This airport wasn't for me. I just can't wait for Starbucks to get a hand on it :) then I will change my mind. Kidding of course.. Well I would not mind having some great coffee there either.

I will see what is going to happen with the immigration when I return. I will also use several flight around Thailand. So I will test it all....