Guest beta85000

first trip in Thailand

In Pattaya the Mercure is quite close to the Pattayaland-Boyztown area. However, I don't know anything about the hotel. I've never stayed there and I do not know anyone who has. I do not know if the hotel is gay-friendly. It probably is, considering the location, but I can't be sure. Perhaps someone else knows.

In Kanchanaburi, the Resotel is an excellent choice, but it is located about a 30 minute drive from the city. It is right on the River Kwai and they do provide transportation to the tourist areas, including the infamous bridge. There are no gay venues in Kanchanaburi, so it really doesn't matter where you stay. However, at the Resotel, since it is outside of the city, there is virtually no chance of having a "guest" join you in your room unless you meet someone in the city and he is willing to come out to the Resotel. That probably will not happen. "Geezer" has stayed at the Resotel. If he sees this message, I'm sure he will be happy to provide you with much more information than I can.

In Phitsanulok there are no gay venues.

Chiang Saen is just outside of Chiang Rai, between the city and the famous Mai Sai shopping area. I have not been to Chiang Rai in many years. I do know there are one or two gay bars there, but someone else will have to provide you with the latest information about those, and the other hotels on your list.

Guest beta85000

Thanks very much for this informations GAYBUTTON B)

I hope have other messages about my trip

i m sure it s a excellent trip

Happy new year at all and take care in 2007

bye :D

Guest Pearl69er

Have you actually booked at the Mecure ?

It's a perfectly nice hotel but I don't really see any reason why a gay person would stay there when there are other comparable hotels that may be more suitable.

Guest beta85000

hello

yes it s booked now

about the Mercure, evertbody know MERCURE is nice and serious....after its my tour operator work with his....

i just would know if it s near the good place? about the meeting it s easy to move at the hotel if affinity... :D

THKS BEFORE

cheers

In Bangkok Rembrandt is in soi 18 so you could find from the Dreaded Ned map what is close to your place. You also will be not too far from the Skytrain from where you will be able to go to the Silom gay area in no time.

Dreaded Ned"s Sukhumwit map

In Chiang Saen you will be much too far from Chiang Rai to go there ; your hotel is in fact in Mae Chan (not Chiang Saen) in the middle of nowhere.

In Phuket most gay venues are located in Patong Beach which is about 15 km south of Surin Beach : very difficult to go there and come back at night.

In Phitsanuloke there are a lot of gays in the disco inside the Topland Hotel you could take your chance.

In Chiang Mai you will have to walk for ten or fifteen minutes to go to the Night Bazaar beer bars which are a nice place to hang around ; gogo bars are further and you would need a taxi -always a problem in Chiang Mai)

I'm a little puzzled Beta as to why you ask our opinion of some of these places when you've already booked them. I"m also not sure what information you are looking for. You want us to comment about the hotels you selected, tell you if we know about any bars or other activity nearby, or what?

And I'd also note that, unless you're going to be over in LOS for several weeks, you surely like to try to cram a lot into a vacation. Hope you have time to stop and smell the roses.

With respect to the Rydges Taipae (Chiangmai):

Nice place but somewhat away from anything of great interest (and, if you can walk to the night market bars in 10-15 minutes from there, you're a speed walker!). This hotel is only a couple of blocks North of the Taipae Gate and, should you be there on a Saturday or Sunday, you might enjoy the

walking street market held on Saturdays and Sundays on the street (Ratchadangern) which runs west from the Taipae Gate). The Sompet market is somewhat across the streets (two of them and a moat) in front of the Rydges and a nice place for fresh fruit, flowers, etc.

With respect the the "Phu" place. It's at least 30 kilometers north of Chiangrai and about 10 kilometers

outside of Mae Chan (and Mae Chan is in the middle of nowhere).

Guest Pearl69er

the Mecure is a very nice hotel but if you are taking someone home for the night I think you will need to be discreet. There is no problem but as it has a mainly straight clientelle-discretion is expected

Guest Geezer

The Resotel in Kanchanaburi is a 45 minute to 1 hour drive from Kanchanaburi, then a 25 minute boat trip up the river.

Many of the hotels you have chosen are not in a good location for a gay tour. I think it would be best to cancel your reservations if possible, come to Pattaya, talk to Gaybutton or someone else about the rest of your trip, then make reservations. It is high season, (sort of) but there are always suitable places to stay, with the possible exception of Chiang Mai.

Guest beta85000

hello

thanks for yur message but i think yu re not understand good , i m not coming FOR A GAY TRIP like yu said... i come for a cultural trip , after if i can meet some nice old men, it s perfect.......

I just want know if my hotel is nice, serious, ,god place and more

bye bye and happy new year 2007

Guest pete1969

My BF actually lives in Mae Chan, and I stayed there almost all of August. For someone living in the region, the small town is centrally located an equal distance between Chaing Rai and Mae Sai and Chaing Saen.

IMO, CS is easily covered in a few hours. The ruins, museum, and lunch on the Mekong can be done in that time. I hope your tour doesn't drag out your Chaing Saen activities over a couple of days.

Your hotel is a very nice resort that I have seen from the outside. It is on the road that leads up to Doi Mae Salong (one of my favorite places in Thailand). It is small and intimate, and the guest rooms are bamboo houses. The hotel itself is very isolated and is really not very near the small town of Mae Chan itself (almost as close to Mae Sai as to Mae Chan).

There are a great deal of things to do and see in the general area which if that is your goal, then the central location of Mae Chan is more understandable. I particularly like the drive along the Mekong River from CS to Mae Sai, the Burmese market in Mae Sai (actually Burma) and the monkey temple in Mae Sai, the tea plantations and the mountain temple in Doi Mae Saelong, the white temple in Chaing Rai and the CR night market, and the gardens at Doi Tung. However, I'm sure your tour comapny has the details already planned out. This is a very beautiful area of Thailand.

Have fun.

Pete

PS--while Surin Beach in Phuket is nice enough it is remote from Patong Beach. Easy to get a tuk-tuk though. Try to take in Phuket Phantasee in Kamala while there as it is a wonderful show.

Guest hellboy

I have stayed in mercure last october for 3 weeks. verry nice hotel ,clean rooms and great swimmingpool, they are verry gay friendly never have problem with taking boys to the room.no joiner fee. Have verry nice roomservesboys. they have free chuttel ho take you to mainstreet, run 24 hours.motortaxi just in frond off hotel