reader

I regret to announce.....

NOTE -- Must have walked by this place under construction a hundred times on my last trip but little did I suspect what would emerge. The spot was once an Irish pub that did a respectable business, even though it was located at the corner of Silom and Thaniya, the soi where Japanese men go to shop for golf paraphernalia by day and nookie by night. But now it's ......how do I say this on a gay forum......it's--forgive me--a Hooters.

With just about all of us lamenting the impending shutdown of Soi Twlight at the other end of Thaniya, now Bangkok's third branch of the bouncing boobs is open for business. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I don't feel threatened when I walk down Patpong and see more in-your-face stuff but somehow Hooters rubs me the wrong way.  And I think I know what it is. It's an attempt to make sex wholesome.

If I wanted wholesome sex I'd stay home. Or get married--to a woman. But, damn it, would not go to Bangkok.

Enough of my raving. See it for yourself, thanks to the magic of You Tube. 

Guest abang1961

Well, cross your fingers.

It flopped in Singapore - yes, a very progressive metropolitan.

The euphoria should frizzle off fairly quickly if there are no repeat customers.

The food ain't great and the boobs, well, passe.

Let adopt a wait and see attitude.... see how long they last! 

At least they won't see me and reader walking in for a drink!

Flann O'Briens was a good place to sit back and relax with a pint or two of beer, looks like I will need to find a new "pub" in that style. Looking at the Hooter menu it doesn't do much for me at all but I will look in once to see what it's like, hey I'm bi and don't mind some nice boobs.

The “Hooters” that opened on the Beach Road in Pattaya last year seems to be quite popular and has always seemed to be busy when I have strolled past in the evenings.

Not my type of venue even for the American style food on offer.