reader

Keep it short

From Khaosod English

24131939_1733461983339393_91147561839223

BANGKOK — When 40 policemen found out earlier this week they were suspended from active duty, it wasn’t for insubordination or dereliction of duty. It was their haircuts.

The order to remove them from their posts was issued after they failed to meet an ultimatum they cut their hair to a uniform style that calls for the sides and backs of their heads to be shorn close, a police spokesman said Tuesday.

“First of all, police are civil servants who wear their uniforms properly. Their discipline is enforced by law,” Col. Krissana Pattanacharoen said. “Apart from the law, there’s also police regulations, which include wearing a neat and correct haircut.”

Police commissioner Chakthip Chaijinda first imposed the buzz cut back in November and last week reiterated that all police stations must comply with the new style. It requires policemen to shave the sides and back of the head until they are “white,” leaving a crop of “two or three inches” of hair on the top, hence its common name khao sam daan, or three white sides.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/02/06/40-cops-suspended-not-adopting-new-haircut/

Guest abang1961

Raise your hands if you find Thai policemen hot!

Although I have a lower affinity with Thais, those younger ones in their tight brown (yummy) uniforms deserve a second look.

And really with a smart super short (think it was called the Armani haircut years ago), I think even Anglo-philes like me would want to have them.....