Guest jones

Bed Bugs at Sansuk Sauna Guest House! Help!

As you guys have been a great help I wanted to run a few points by you along with what's happening now as it has left me a little confused as to whether I have bed bugs with me in my luggage or if I'm free from them but just having bad reactions to the bugs saliva which i have read can happen or reacting to something else.

1. We know I have been in contact with bed bugs which has been confirmed by evidence of bed bugs under the mattress of the bed I was sleeping in and another occasion seeing 1 adult bed bug running over me in the middle of the night and so bed bugs are 100% confirmed.

2. Since taking action and moving on I've seen no evidence of bed bugs whatsoever, not inside any of my luggage or bed at my new hotel, neither am I seeing evidence of them shedding skin or excrement (Which was witnessed at the first hotel).

3. I have had daily rashes even when wearing cleaned clothes, in fact when checking into a new hotel I immediately put all luggage (absolutely everything) on the balcony still inside sealed bags, took off my current clothing which had been previously boiled and also put this on the balcony in fact I stripped on the balcony. I then went straight into the shower and only then, laid on the bed (in the new hotel) only to get more rashes! I even said to myself that it's impossible for a bed bug to have touched me.

4. Regarding the situation above in no.3 I have read that bed bug bites can show up to a week later. I'm unsure of this in my case because when I have put on clothing which may have been infected, I came out in rashes immediately.

5. No blood spots. I have read that you can see blood spots on your bed sheets where the bugs have bitten you. I have seen none from the very start. Just red welts / rash which is itchy until treated.

6. Went to the beach for the day, made a point of not taking my bag encase it was infected (it's been sealed in a plastic bag). I went swimming, relaxed on the beach yet on the boat home I came out in the rash yet again! The rash is always in the same places.

7. I've been taking antihistamines and since taking them I wouldn't know that I had any issues with bed bugs, no bites, no rashes. Only when the antihistamines wears off 24 hours later do I begin to see the rash coming back in these specific areas. This is what happened when returning on the boat as described above in no.6 I got back to my hotel, took another antihistamine and all settled down again.

This scenario has left me confused because I could put the rashes (bites?) down to heat or a reaction to something. The ONLY thing which has me thinking it's to do with bed bugs is simply that I had confirmed bed bugs in the begging.

As stated already, there had been no evidence that bed bugs are still with me now, no marks on sheets, no shedded skin etc.

If I continue to take antihistamines then I wouldn't be aware of a problem whatsoever.

Unless the bed bugs are no longer with me and I just happen to be reacting to something else in exactly the same places as I had issues when sleeping with bed bugs which is obviously highly unlikely.

Any input on the above is much appreciated. :)

I think you did a good job starting this thread, which can be of useful information to everybody since we can all be exposed to this plague.  

You have been diligent researching your situation and now you have more data to go by and take informed actions to resolve your confusion, which is well justified.

You may have discovered that you have an allergy, sensitivity to insect bites that could make it worth to see a dermatologist,  none too late!  It is not sure that "an expert" can positively identify the primary cause or find a remedy, but there is a chance.

You have positively identified bed bugs, got informed of what you can do about them without panicking and falling off the deep end, and do some simple remedies while keeping an outlook on the problem.  This is smart.

Unless we have a serious medical emergency, we have much to gain by consulting with others and do as much internet research as possible before taking action.  There is misinformation on the web, but this is always a risk when we aim to get informed.  Having a household to keep, a sick person to care for, cars and other stuff to repair, I look up information on the internet daily and it has benefited me immensely.    

LOL!  I understand how one can read those threads in lieu of soap operas...  for people with endless patience or too much free time.

Given all the references it seems that saga continues back for quite a long time. Reminiscent of a certain Beachlover whose fairy tale stories of life as a mid-20s successful Asian entrepreneur based in Sydney haunted all the Boards for a couple of years or so until his constant withering barbs aimed at anyone who suggested he was the fake that he really was got him successively banned.