POLL #2. What do you normally tip for long time in Pattaya ?

45 members have voted

1. 1. What do you normally tip for long time in Pattaya ?

• Less than 1500
    • 3000 or more
  2. 2. Do you agree the tip in advance ?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How much do you vary the tip based on performance ?

• Not at all
    • +/-100
    • +/-250
    • +/-500
    • +/-1000

"How much do you vary the tip based on performance ?"

The best one or two boys of the year (I can't know in advance, but in the past there were one or two per year who qualify) get 1200 for ST instead of the usual 1000. I didn't have long time for years in Pattaya, and now I do longtime only if the boy excelled at short time and stays on his own volition after ST.

But a money boy (my current favorite money boy) from Pattaya was in Bangkok last month, came to visit me for ST in the evening, and then we just fell asleep and woke up the following morning for another round, so I tipped him 1500.

The median is around 1700, at the time of writing.  

Fewer people participate in the Long Time Poll #2, which is not surprising, considering fewer do long time (poll #3).

Certainly amongst the girl bars (yes I still have memories) there is a naturally held assumtion that you will pay more for an agogo girl for LT than a girl from a beer bar elsewhere in the town. And showgirls at an agogo even more than their sisters - that's if they will even agree to long-time. 

My experience to date in the boy bars suggests a similar, if less defined, distinction, in that whereas a boy from a beer bar, say in the Jomtien Complex, would be happy with 2k LT, a boy from Toy Boys in Boyztown would be looking for 2.5 or 3k. 

So, as with many things, how much you pay can depend heavily on where you shop LOL

Others may, of course, have a different experience.

I suspect you are right to an extent, in that boys in some of the higher quality gogo bars tend to ask for more. 

However, it's very easy to off boys from Pattaya gogo bars, including Boyztown area & find they are content with 1700 long time and would agree to repeat.

The Toy Boys are a little more ambitious, but I know someone who has never paid them more than 2000 long time and there is perhaps only one or two who would refuse 2000 in that bar.   Of course, once you have paid one of them above this, the rest of them know that and you're going to find their demands increasing.  

So if you need to keep some kind of control on expenditure, pay fairly but do not make the mistake of overpaying at a bar you expect to return to regularly.

My experience to date in the boy bars suggests a similar, if less defined, distinction, in that whereas a boy from a beer bar, say in the Jomtien Complex, would be happy with 2k LT, a boy from Toy Boys in Boyztown would be looking for 2.5 or 3k. 

So, as with many things, how much you pay can depend heavily on where you shop LOL

Others may, of course, have a different experience.

agree, on my last trip with 6 LT in Pattaya boys request went from 1500 / Oscar boy, stay till noon , paid 2000 / to 4000 / BBB hunk, bargained to 3000 , still paid 4000 after extending his welcome in the morning /.

Toy Boy  boy wanted 2000 , got it,  but it was waste of time and lowest point of that trip while that 4000 and another one with the same tip from Tawan in BKK were certainly the highest .

That trip PTT average 2466, median 2200.

Z909 is right that news are travelling fast and if you overpay one , others will ask for the same but over years I found in both BKK and PTT that they graciously accept explanation that you pay XXX amount to , say , Lek or Kao only.