Guest davidjewel

Hotel Recomendation

Guest davidjewel

Out of all the times I've been to Thailand I've only been to Pattaya once. I stayed in Boystown and had a good time. I'm back in Thailand and would like to go back to Pattaya again. This time I want to experience Sunee Plaza. Can anyone recommend a good hotel in or around Sunne Plaza? A contact number would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Guest Motel69

I understand the attraction of staying in a Sunee Plaza hotel, but believe me, there are no decent hotels in the area. Unless you're happy with bare-bones furnishings, unless you don't mind cheap posters on the walls that are torn loose by rickety old fans to reveal big cracks or holes in the wall, unless you can tolerate a grimy shower, consider another part of town. Or at the very least, be ready with a Plan B. But then again, if you know you won't be able to wait and will just want to walk down the street, or perhaps across the street, after offing a go-go dancer, perhaps making some sacrifices in comfort will be worth it.

For me, motorcycle taxis are worth it.

I understand the attraction of staying in a Sunee Plaza hotel, but believe me, there are no decent hotels in the area.

And a Merry Christmas to you too. You're entitled to your opinion, but I never did like when someone chops a business apart and expresses his view as fact instead of as an opinion. Howard's happens to be the hotel of choice for a great many "farang," and that includes many who can easily afford to stay anywhere they wish, in the lap of luxury. Perhaps your concept of what constitutes a 'decent' hotel differs from the opinion held by others.

Most people I know who have stayed at Howard's return there every time they visit Pattaya and wouldn't even consider staying elsewhere. Sometimes I wish they would. I often pick up my friends when they're staying at Howard's and the soi is not the easiest street to drive.

The hotel is inexpensive. If you're expecting a 5-star hotel at that price you won't get one, but most people I know consider it an excellent value for the money and are quite satisfied with the rooms. The gentleman asked for a hotel in or around Sunee Plaza and Howard's is one of the best available in that area.

How about letting people try it and judge for themselves instead of coming online, registering here, and making your first post on this message board for no apparent purpose other than to demean a perfectly good accommodation.

I understand the attraction of staying in a Sunee Plaza hotel, but believe me, there are no decent hotels in the area. Unless you're happy with bare-bones furnishings, unless you don't mind cheap posters on the walls that are torn loose by rickety old fans to reveal big cracks or holes in the wall, unless you can tolerate a grimy shower, consider another part of town. Or at the very least, be ready with a Plan B. But then again, if you know you won't be able to wait and will just want to walk down the street, or perhaps across the street, after offing a go-go dancer, perhaps making some sacrifices in comfort will be worth it.

For me, motorcycle taxis are worth it.

If the OP was happy with the BT hotels he will satisfied with Howard's (and Howard's even has a lift!!). You are right, there are no 4* or 5* in either of these areas (BT or Sunee) and he would have to look elsewhere, but for someone who wants access to the Sunee or eay access to the baht buses to JomTien Howard's is a good choice. Ask for a back-side room as the street-side rooms can be noisy.

In Sunee, the Paradise Inn gets good recomendations too including from people who could afford a muche more expensive place. It is really close to the action and they even have a beer bar facing the hotel entrance (although you perhaps would not be pleased beeing seen inside this bar ..)

Some "straight" hotels are located along Soi Yensabai such as Koenig Mansion or White Rose Hotel ; the former seems to get very good reviews too.

Guest ReneThai

I have seen the name of White Rose Hotel before in some topics of Yensabai .That is not correct .

In Yensabai it is called White Rose Mansion , the white rose hotel I and II are at Second Road , not far from Sunee and Boyztown .

http://www.geocities.com/whiterosemansion/ is at yensabai

Check all your favorite Gay Thailand links at :

http://gaythailand.startbewijs.nl

All provided from your Dutch host :

Rene

In my many years of visiting Thaland and staying in Pattaya, I find Howard's if a very good value. It is quite a bit less baht than Cafe Royale which was my choice for seven years straight. I find that Howard's is very friendly and Cafe Royale is a bit of the stuffy side. The best way is to book easy. A few days at each venue and find out for yourself.

I've had my head bitten off here before for commenting on this, but the original poster asked for a "good hotel" and I would have to agree with Motel69 - there are no decent hotels in the area though I do admit there are a few reasonable guesthouses and Howards is one of them

I know there is the simplistic dictionay definition of a hotel as a place where you pay for accommodation, but in the real world of travel and tourism there are more options and I still suffer from the delusion that most travellers - even those that read the forums - have different expections of a "guesthouse", a "tourist class hotel", a "5 * hotel", etc and I think recommending Howards as a "good hotel" is for more likely to cause disappointment then recommending it as a "nice guesthouse", but I am obviously in a minority of one - or perhaps two with Motel69!

bkkguy

Guest ear wig

HOTELS I HAVE TRIED AND TESTED.

http://www.poseidon-pattaya.com/ 5 gay star at 3 star prices the best with out a pool from 1300 a night will do deals for long time.

http://www.thebondipattaya.com/ from 800 a night good all round Fab music bar and chill out Bar very friendly. 4 gay stars no lift 5 floors

http://www.montys-guesthouse.com/bar_cafe.php# New owner Stewart, prices have gone up now, not so good value, I

Guest rainwalker

The Flamingo is gay friendly and is in a decent location. The rooms are OK at best but need a refurbisment.

Jaap, who told me last month that he is the owner, is not gay but I was told recently that he's not the owner but is the well respected and well paid manager.

Regardless, it remains a gay friendly place.

Directly across the soi is Mosaik Luxury Apartments.

The Mosiak Apts are more expensive than indicated and run about 14,000 a month and up.

The place is not a hotel but serviced apartments so there are extra charges like maid service and utilities and a last day 350 baht cleaning fee.

They often have short duration rentals.

The rooms are clean and moderne but not 4 or 5 stars.

Poseidon is NOT a five star hotel. It does not have the facilities that would make such a rating possible, least of all, as acknowledged, it does not have a swimming pool. It is a nice upmarket guesthouse. It is the only hotel in Pattaya in which I have stayed, on my last visit in the last few years, so I cannot comment on the others.

Can't we just stick to a accuracy, without all this exaggeration?

The Flamingo is gay friendly but the owner, Jaap, is not gay.

Jaap is not the owner. He is the manager. The owner actually is gay. That is one reason it is gay friendly and they are all very nice people.

earwig, exaggggggeeeerrrrrraaaaaatttttiiiiooonnnnn - surely you jest! he just wouldn't know one star from five if his life (or tattered reputation) depended on it!

bkkguy

I think 5 star for Pattaya is hard to come by. I have stayed at the Dusit, Hard Rock, Marriot and a few other nice hotels. None were 5 star. But, for Pattaya, they were great.

I have never stayed at Cabbages and Condoms but it is also supposed to be excellent and looks beautiful. Anyone stayed there before?

http://www.mosaik-pattaya.com/ good value 3 star to 5 star price not to bad and postion wonderful from 7000 a month, + 1000 month utilities.

The Mosiak is nice and clean. Watch out for the costs at the end of the stay they don't tell you about and ask for all info up front.

Guest Pearl69er

"How about letting people try it and judge for themselves instead of coming online, registering here, and making your first post on this message board for no apparent purpose other than to demean a perfectly good accommodation."

A bizarre post Gaybutton..list some rules about a member's first post if you think there should be any and saying someone is entitled to their own view and then proceeding to demolish them because of it is just weird..

I've stayed at Howard's and I wouldn't recommend it but naturally it's all about personal taste. I would agree with Motel69 sentiments ( did he actualy name any hotels ?-I think not) but davidjewel is entitled to as much information as possible as he asked..and staying at the wrong place ( for him) may ruin a hoilday.

The Mosaik Apartments is as about as clean and nice as you will get anywhere for budget accomodation but Gay Thailand is correct that you should check on electricity and cleaning charges when booking-but they aren't too expensive anyway.

Indeed as Monty's guesthouse has a new owner-you should also check with the new management if these charges apply-the previous owner surprised some long term guests with a similar charge as well.

"tattered reputation" bkkguy ?-a few gossiping queens in Sunnee Plaza do not comprise a "reputation" battered or otherwise-get over it. I think he may know a bit more about "5 star" hotels than some-seeing he owned one himself and I've visited him several in Hawaii and Sydney when he would book several suites at a time to accomodate friends.

hopefully davidjewel already knows if hes staying in Sunnee Plaza he will be in a viper's den of bitches, but has other things on his mind.

Guest ear wig

There is no exageration bkkguy Of course the Poseidon or anything in Pattaya is NOT 5 star, Im talking 5 star as far as the best you can get for a gay related hotel, not 5 star qualitiy Hotels, I am a Hotelier, I do know a little about Quality and standards the first hotel I stayed for a week in Thailand, was The Oriental Hotel, this is 5 Star, The Royal Cliff is 4 3/4 Royal Wing may be 5 star there though, Dusit is 4 1/2.

Yes I was at the New then MY THAI, Flamingo Bar years ago, for the opening, when the Gay owner was there with the designer who is from holland also, But Japp has done his best as Manger to blend mainly Dutch & str8 clientele with gay Customers.

The thread started off asking about hotels in or near te Sunee Plaza area. Now we're getting far away from there. So as not to confuse Davidjewel, some of the accommodations now being discussed are far outside of that area.

Also, if you simply ignore anything Pearl69er posts, you'll be just fine. When he says, "I think not," I agree.

Guest ear wig

Why would you tell us to ignore any one, do you think we are children or something gaybutton, I think we are talking to not only people who are wanting Budget Hotels and guest houses, I know many guyz who write to me privately who are looking for comfort, cleanliness, non pushy, convenient Hotels and location, I know of at least 5 people who moved out of Howard's and into Monty's for various reasons then again some people like it there for the lift ,we all have different tastes but none of us like to be instructed what to do as though we are idiots.

By the way Gaybutton can I thank you for sticking up for me pre- plagiarism and Im truly sorry if I have let you down by my silly stunt, which to me was a storm in a tea cup, but to a very few it was just another way to have a go at me.

Happy New Year. lets hope in the New Year your not going to dictate to us all, it seems to be getting stronger since the Boss is away, may be a left over from your old days of Gaybutton forum, which incidentally was the best around, untill you started to monitor it and talk to yourself in the end, its only a bit of light hearted conversation, cool down its just not that Important, its the Information that comes first to me, its not the way its given, as long as its fun Interesting and helps the viewer have a wonderful stay in the land of Smiles and Paradise.to us all.

My biggest mail box is about where to stay in all classes so unless you want the viewers to go else where id give all you can about Gay Places to stay the biggest thing i get asked is where is a apartment block like Mosaick where they dont have to much security in and around Jomtien.

By the way Gaybutton can I thank you for sticking up for me pre- plagiarism and Im truly sorry if I have let you down by my silly stunt, which to me was a storm in a tea cup, but to a very few it was just another way to have a go at me.

Thank you for that. I do accept and appreciate it. Since you have now done what I feel is the right thing to do and apologized, I'll stop being among the people who post attacks against you on this board and elsewhere, although I kind of hate to step out of my role as the Wicked Stepmother.

Merry Christmas. The war is over.

Guest ear wig

Lets not get carried away GB Im all for a bit of fun and dont believe all you read, many others reading also love a bit of fun banter, but when you seem to have a joke or mischievous jolly fun, I dont know if some gay guyz, have been persecuted all there lives, but there is no sense of humor, which is a terrible shame for them and the viewing public.

Guest Pearl69er

true davidjewel..you are at liberty to ignore anyone's advice but I wouldn't place too much store in Gaybutton's either seeing as he has only come up with one recommendation out of dozens.

I wouldn't ignore my "nest of vipers" claim though..as you can see on here some posters are prepared to flay a well meaning poster about what "5 star" actiually means !

Imagine what they are like in the flesh...brrrrr ! :(

Monty's is good value but again..check with the new owner about "hidden charges"..unlike many myths told on this board, this isn't one.

I wouldn't ignore my "nest of vipers" claim though..as you can see on here some posters are prepared to flay a well meaning poster about what "5 star" actiually means !

"5 star" is a worldwide recognized standard in hotels, that everyone understands. To pretend otherwise is crass.

Glad to see that Mary has a little lamb now.

Guest ear wig

There is 5 star and 5 star it varies all around the world, then there is 5 points for Gay accommodations as there is no 5 star for any of them.

The only nearest in Pattya that I have stayed in is The Royal Wing of the Royal Cliff .

Restaurants;- Grill Room Royal Cliff & Manhattans Restarant, Mantra may be 4 3/4. on a good day.