WelshGuyUK

Finally retiring and travelling to Asia in Feb 2018

I'd like to go to Myanmar too......... Is the visa for there available easily at Bangkok embassy? Same with Vietnam....

Myanmar visa either at embassy in Sathorn road (standard 2 days, express 1 days or same day at additional fee), or online. My experiences here: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/990839-mae-sot-to-yangon-trip-aug-2017

As a German (and many other European countries), I can enter Vietnam without visa.

For your case, I suggest buying a flight out of Thailand within 30 days of entering and then either extending your visa-free stay or take that flight (and have another flight out of Thailand within 30 days).

In Berlin, a single-entry tourist visa costs 30 EUR, for that money you can buy a flight, and you don't have to go to the embassy. A multiple entry tourist visa is 150 EUR (!!!), for that you can buy many flights, and you don't have to go to the embassy.

For second and third time you enter Thailand it is advisable to have 20,000 THB in cash as proof of funding (this has been in immigration rules for years and applies to everyone entering Thailand without visa or tourist visa, but is rarely enforced).

As Visa rules change, a better way to deal with them is to use google to find the latest status.  Then you can concentrate your thread on the less commoditized questions.

There is also a risk of member advice on Visas being out of date. 

When I went to Vietnam, visa on arrival was available, but it needed a suitable invitation letter first. I believe the rules changed, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

For Cambodia, I've always used the e-Visa, which is very fast & seems to be much faster than getting a visa at the border.   Also, no wasted page in the passport.   I wouldn't know if this is still valid, without checking the latest status on line.

Laos has had visa on arrival on previous visits.