TotallyOz

Bars Closed for 3 and 4 days

I have heard that all bars in Thailand will be closed for 3 and 4 days for the celebration for the King's assention to the throne. Anyone heard these rumors?

That is also the way I am hearing it. I am being told the bars will all be closed from June 9 through June 12. I'd like to emphasize I am being told that. If there has been an official announcement, I haven't seen it. But most of the time there never is an official announcement. The police simply go from bar to bar and tell the owners verbally.

It's not as bad as all that, though. The compensation will be the beach. Probably, if the bars are really going to close for those days, then a lot of boys will go home. But a lot of boys also won't go home and will be at the beach looking for "farang."

Well, we'll know soon enough.

Guest catawampuscat

As of 10 PM Thurs. nite, the mamasan at A-Bomb, in Pattaya, thought A-Bomb would be open today the 9th...

If you like Thai men, A-Bomb is number #1 men's bar in Pattaya.. While Boyz, boyz boyz seems to

have retired some of their elderly (over 35y.o.) guys and brought in new younger ones, the attitude is much better at A-Bomb without the pretense that BBB can have in considering itself the best and deserving of higher tips.. A-Bomb specializes in hot men in their twenties and thirties and in their

ultra sexy briefs, they almost all look hot.. Many are versatile unlike at BBB and a fair number are gay or at least they fool me.. My eyes pop every time I go..

Slipped off topic, but unless things changed since 10PM last nite, some bars should be open tonite...