Guest LATopDad

Babylon Barracks floor questions

Guest LATopDad

I've paid for a room on the barracks floor at the Babylon Hotel in Bangkok and I have a few questions and certainly could use some advice from anyone who has stayed there.  I'm older (74) and have recently sold 2 gay clubs and bars in NYC and West Hollywood, so I'm used to being around gay guys of all ages and dealt with dancers both clothed and fluffing themselves before getting up on the gogo boxes.  In other words, I've been around the block.  That said:

1.  Can anyone tell me what the floors are like?  

2.  Does each room have a door for privacy?

3.  While the idea, as I understand it, is to encourage mingling among the guests with the opportunity to play with each other, are there facilities for some privacy when it comes to hygiene?

4.  Are your valuables and property safe in the room?

5.  I know there is a room safe, but what about clothes, shoes, etc?

6.  Any other advice for a white guy in pretty good shape attracted to Asian guys...even other saunas to patronize

Thanks

I've paid for a room on the barracks floor at the Babylon Hotel in Bangkok and I have a few questions and certainly could use some advice from anyone who has stayed there.  I'm older (74) and have recently sold 2 gay clubs and bars in NYC and West Hollywood, so I'm used to being around gay guys of all ages and dealt with dancers both clothed and fluffing themselves before getting up on the gogo boxes.  In other words, I've been around the block.  That said:

1.  Can anyone tell me what the floors are like?  

2.  Does each room have a door for privacy?

3.  While the idea, as I understand it, is to encourage mingling among the guests with the opportunity to play with each other, are there facilities for some privacy when it comes to hygiene?

4.  Are your valuables and property safe in the room?

5.  I know there is a room safe, but what about clothes, shoes, etc?

6.  Any other advice for a white guy in pretty good shape attracted to Asian guys...even other saunas to patronize

Thanks

The barrack rooms are private and can accommodate two people, with a safe in each which has a six digit combination, a place to hang clothes and some drawers.  Each of the three floors has one communal bathroom with toilets, showers, sinks.  This is where guests can meet and have fun, continuing it in their individual rooms. The rooms, bathroom are clean with good facilities.  In the 6th floor there is the breakfast room with two large tables and other side accommodations, and the free buffet is served for ample time, with good food. The best of it is that guests sit at the large tables and engage in conversations that are not only social but also informative, since a large number of guests are regulars with much experience of Bangkok and other tourist places, a rather cosmopolitan crowd. There are always seniors who are very friendly and like to pass on their expertise.  

I would recommend these barrack rooms over the more fancy rooms with private bathroom, which are separate from the main building and more isolated. The sauna itself is worthwhile, for which the guests get two free tickets daily, and another one that is fun is Sauna Mania on their nude nights, Thursday and Sunday after 7PM,  which is at walking distance from Babylon (if you are in good shape as you state)

I searched my computer for my Babylon Pictures but can't find them.  Here is a link to show you the pictures posted on the web and they are accurate.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=965&bih=658&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=babylon+barracks+rooms&oq=babylon+barracks+rooms&gs_l=psy-ab.3...6433.9813.0.10067.9.9.0.0.0.0.228.1218.0j6j2.8.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..2.1.207...0i24k1.0cl1kXxE3ME#imgrc=_

1. well what are the floors supposed to be like? Like a hotel floor with several rooms, and a shared bathroom

2.  each guest room of course has a lockable door, like any other hotel room

3. the shared bathroom has semi-open showers (for the encouraged "mingling" of the guests, though they do have curtains I think), but the toilets are normal with doors, so you can take your dump in private

4. I believe so

5. yes, as there is a normal, lockable door like anywhere else

6. Babylon Sauna which attracts a mixed farang (farang=white person) and Asian crowd into each other. Sauna Mania is more sticky rice, but can be fun on the nude nights as has been mentioned. In addition, don't forget the awesome and seemingly unlimited massage options in Bangkok!

I can answer some of your questions.  

One you check in to the Babylon Barracks (Not the garden suites or the large suite rooms)  The standard Barracks rooms are of 2 types.  One room style has a large queen size bed with a small twin bed in the room and other rooms have 2 twin size beds that can't be moved.

The rooms come with a mini bar, refrigerator, TV with HBO and a few other english speaking channels.  There is a digital safe in the room, towels and an A/C that shuts off when you remove the key card from the slot.  

There is a lock on your door so be sure to take your key with you when you leave your room or you may get locked out of it.

The showers are groups style but there is always one in the corner that offers more privacy.  At night the showers are very dark but enough light comes in so you can see the controls.  The showers offer shampoo and body soap and plenty of hot water.

The toilets are stall type but if you want privacy you can go to the top floor and use the private bathroom in the lounge where they serve breakfast.

In the morning go to the top floor with your room key or breakfast coupon and eat and drink and be social. If they are not serving what you like you can order an egg or omelette to your liking.  I like their spicy omelette with ham, cheese and onion.  I also always get whatever soup they are serving with breakfast.

After breakfast don't forget to pick-up your sauna pass.  You get two but if you are alone they wont want to give you the 2nd pass.

During the day or night in the hotel section of Babylon you will find fellow residents online on all the apps.  I've met Thai guys from Phuket and Chiang Mai staying there for holiday, guys from Israel, Africa, Vietnam, China and on and on there.  You may get invited back to a room and end up the meat in a Thai guy 3 way sandwich.

Sometimes in the shower you may be showering to find a very handsome asian guy touching you and once you show interest he may tell you that he has a farang lover and they want a 3way...  Or he may be alone and want sex in the shower or back in your room or his room.  Some guys not finding any action in the showers on their floor may try the showers on another floor.

There are about 12 rooms on each floor.  Maybe more, maybe less but the floors are quiet and the beds are comfortable.

IF you leave your door open and lay naked in bed, only the brave would peek in at you.  I don't know if you would find any action with that tactic and it is something I have never seen anyone do.  Once, I did see a hot Asian guy going into his room.  We locked eyes for a moment but I kept going to my room.  Once I got settled in my room I fired up grindr and there he was messaging me.  He told me to come to his room, walk right in and fuck him.  I told him I was a bottom also and he told me never-mind haha

I hope that info helps.

I can answer some of your questions.  

One you check in to the Babylon Barracks (Not the garden suites or the large suite rooms)  The standard Barracks rooms are of 2 types.  One room style has a large queen size bed with a small twin bed in the room and other rooms have 2 twin size beds that can't be moved.

If you are staying in the barracks, make sure you order the large room and not the standard, the standard rooms have single beds...

The beds were were either at right angles to each other or head to toe (like 2 carriages on a train)

None of the beds would have enough room for 2 people to sleep in (maybe 2 thais)... and i would not like to take the chance of being pushed out of the bed unto a hard concrete bed by a "space" greedy Thai guy at night!

Mind you at the price they charge for a large room... you could probably get a Grand Deluxe room in Raya

Mind you at the price they charge for a large room... you could probably get a Grand Deluxe room in Raya

and Grand Deluxe at Raya is truly spacious with separate sleeping area and one for entertaining with sofa , table and desk. One can roller skate there if they allow. Bed big enough to accommodate comfortably me  with 38 size waist and two Tawan boys I decided to spent my birthday with last year.

and Grand Deluxe at Raya is truly spacious with separate sleeping area and one for entertaining with sofa , table and desk. One can roller skate there if they allow. Bed big enough to accommodate comfortably me  with 38 size waist and two Tawan boys I decided to spent my birthday with last year.

I really like those rooms at Raya!

The rooms come with a mini bar, refrigerator, TV with HBO and a few other english speaking channels. There is a digital safe in the room, towels and an A/C that shuts off when you remove the key card from the slot.

I checked in to a barrack room yesterday but immediately checked out as it came with No TV and No shower/toilet in the room.

For less money I stayed at Malaysia hotel in their superior room which has it all and is a 5 minute walk from Babylon.

I checked in to a barrack room yesterday but immediately checked out as it came with No TV and No shower/toilet in the room.

For less money I stayed at Malaysia hotel in their superior room which has it all and is a 5 minute walk from Babylon.

Too bad you checked out so fast.  You must not have enjoyed the communal breakfast: a large room with two large tables where gays sit around for an hour enjoying a good buffet breakfast and chatting about gay and traveler topics...  like this forum but at a breakfast table.  Another plus is the free, sometimes privileged, entry to the sauna, with unlimited exit/return. And the shared bathroom in each floor is no hardship, not even having to leave the room to use it. It can become a playing ground for those over excited during the night.  The rooms have doors with locks of course, but one night I accidentally left mine unlocked and a young guy came in looking for company and he found it, and we continued from there in the shared bathroom and someone else's room. Not a unique experience but something nice to remember, something one does not find at the Malaysia or Raya hotels. For this, I'm willing to do away with in-room TV, which I seldom watch anyway. 

Exactly, the communal baths/showers are part of the attraction, and I believe it is made very clear in the description of the rooms that it is this way, and of course in this thread. So it's surprising how jones could be surprised....

As for the TV, that's a matter of preference of course, but seriously, who needs a TV when travelling, and ESPECIALLY when staying at the Babylon?!?!?!

Too bad OP never came back to this forum or thread, his first post is also the last....