vinapu

Toshiba tablet - help seeking

I have a Toshiba tablet and yesterday after some automatic update and charging battery went dead.

One of reason I can imagine would be fuse as it was quite warm when I touched it but can't find hole where I can reset it. 

Any help including where to repair it in BKK will be appreciated otherwise  I'm at mercy of hotel's comps in the lobby .

OP says tablet, not laptop.

I would not expect an internal fuse in a tablet. If it's got a standard micro usb charger, try plugging in a different one (2 Amp min at a guess).

I suppose you googled problems with your specific model ?

My best guess would be battery failure or software update concern.

To get it fixed, try the upper floors of the MBK centre. One floor has loads of repair places.

One other thing use Google to see if there are any fancy button sequences to start it in a different mode, or do factory reset. My Samsung devices have that. However if you have loads of stuff saved on it, have a good think before trying that.

Just noting that vinapu is alive and well and on the ground in Thailand...anticipating a full report as well as continuing comments on various topics.

when was last time I was dead?

Report will be produced in due course. So far I have blast and weather is co-operating as well which is kind of unexpected. 

On the original topic of IT devices, but probably not relevant to the original concern, one mistake I have made in the past is buying a new tablet just a week before the holiday.    

This is a mistake, since having made the purchase, I'm suddenly looking for protective covers, doing software upgrades, installing apps and copying files.    Much better to do that several weeks in advance.

On the original topic of IT devices, but probably not relevant to the original concern, one mistake I have made in the past is buying a new tablet just a week before the holiday.    

This is a mistake, since having made the purchase, I'm suddenly looking for protective covers, doing software upgrades, installing apps and copying files.    Much better to do that several weeks in advance.

very sensible advice although I personally try to limit use of technology on vacation to minimum so it's kind of blessing having this type of problems .

Having witness few times  hysterical reaction of travelers over malfunctioning devices I may let Thai boys spoil my vacations but not rotting tablet, which by the way served me well since 2015 I think