DeWinter

naked night in bangkok sauna

I had to google Mrs Danvers. Here's what I found :

"Mrs. Danvers is the main antagonist of Daphne du Maurier's 1938 novel Rebecca."

1938, eh?

How old did you say you were, sgdad?

Twenty-four, wasn't it?

Scaaa-ry, indeed!

So a447a, I think your quote is rather uninspired, considering that it was very obviously the previous poster's forum handle "DeWinter" that prompted sglad's question. If you must quote Wikipedia: "Danvers is the head housekeeper at Manderley, the stately manor belonging to the wealthy Maximillian 'Maxim' de Winter". Maybe you should stick to reporting cock sizes.

The idea of the naked night does not attract me. I have visited Babylon but the Sansuk in Pattaya is the only one I visit fairly often during my frequent trips. I've never heard of a naked night there. Most gays walk about both round the pool and in the upstairs play areas with a towel draped round the waist, but I like wearing speedos and sometimes when I'm daring one, of my g_strings or thongs. I get more welcome attention with the latter in the maze

So a447a, I think your quote is rather uninspired, considering that it was very obviously the previous poster's forum handle "DeWinter" that prompted sglad's question. If you must quote Wikipedia: "Danvers is the head housekeeper at Manderley, the stately manor belonging to the wealthy Maximillian 'Maxim' de Winter". Maybe you should stick to reporting cock sizes.

I fear you have missed the point.

I was just wondering how someone supposedly so young would know that. Afterall, he's 24. Remember?

Your troll hunt is getting beyond tedious, THAT was my point. You don't have to bring up (what you think is) sglad's age each and every time he makes a comment.

Also, you seem to be walking on particularly thin ice here. Those of us who have enjoyed a decent education read the works of countless authors that had been dead for decades or even centuries in our high school years. Knowing a fictional character from a novel written in the 1930s doesn't indicate that you were around back then, that's just silly.

Guest DThump

a447 you are the consummate old queen in persuit of sglad who is a figment of his own imagination, Sawadee forum had another old queen fountainhall in pùrsuit who lost all credibility on that board and on this board as well now being an outcast posting inane posts on Gaybutton.

Also, you seem to be walking on particularly thin ice here. Those of us who have enjoyed a decent education read the works of countless authors that had been dead for decades or even centuries in our high school years. Knowing a fictional character from a novel written in the 1930s doesn't indicate that you were around back then, that's just silly.

True.  Think of all the people who read the Bible, and are not 2000 years old.

Well, of course that is true. Kids read Shakespeare at school.

I was also thinking of the movie, Rebecca, rather than the book.

It seemed odd to me that a young person would be aware of something so old, that's all. It has nothing to do with being well-educated. I'd imagine anyone of the age of people on this forum who grew up in an English-speaking country would know the movie.

It seemed odd to me that a young person would be aware of something so old, that's all. It has nothing to do with being well-educated.

So was I, actually.  We watched Rebecca (1940) for a first-year film studies class that covered, among other things, Hitchcock's authorship.  I also watched Rear Window (1954) and Psycho (1960).  I did read an abridged version of the novel for lit class when I was 14 but never got around to reading the actual text even though I have a copy of it.

It's not unusual for people to read a book and watch the film version of it.  I did The Merchant of Venice for my Os and we watched several film versions of the play, including the Al Pacino version and the older one with Laurence Olivier as Shylock (I later found out that Laurence Olivier was bi!).  Also, a BBC production that was quite boring.  My uni even has a "print to screen" class.

You said you were thinking of the film Rebecca (1940) yet you referred to the novel published in 1938 in your Wikipedia-quoting post (no. 6) above.  Both the book and film are equally old and are classics.  I've also read Austen, Dickens and Hemingway.  I also know Thai history pretty well from Rama IV's reign onwards but that does not mean I'm really Anna Leonowens.  It's not so much about being well-educated as it is about being broadly educated - a lifelong pursuit.

My apologies to de Winter that his thread got derailed.  My initial comment was meant to be humorous and go along the lines of "Yuck, I don't want to see Mrs Danvers naked!"  I hope we can get back to talking about naked sauna nights in Bangkok now.

You're cracking me up! You clearly had no clue whatsoever when you made your first statement, in fact you literally wrote, "I had to google Mrs Danvers".

If you had kept your silence, you would have stayed a philosopher. (Would look better in Latin, but to save you some googling this time around...)

???

What on earth are you talking about?

Of course I had no idea who Mrs Danvers was. Why would I?

I was educated in Japan, for Christ's sake.

I mean, do you know who Murasaki Shikibu is? Have you ever heard of Genji Monogatari?

No?

I thought not.

So why would I be expected to know about Mrs Danvers?

This is the third time you have missed my point.

You need to read posts more carefully before you comment.

Time to go to PM.