reader

Vaccine for gonorrhea

From CNN

Evidence from a mass vaccination campaign for an outbreak of bacterial meningitis in New Zealand had unexpected results: reduced rates of the sexually transmitted disease gonorrhea, a study published Monday a in the journal The Lancet finds. It is the first time a vaccine has shown any protection against gonorrhea.

Scientists say the results provide fresh inspiration for developing a specific vaccine against the STD, which causes about 78 million new cases worldwide each year.

In recent years, gonorrhea has shown increasing antibiotic resistance, with some patients unable to be treated with any available drug. Because of this, the World Health Organization includes gonorrhea in its list of bacteria that pose the greatest threat to human health.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/10/health/gonorrhea-vaccine-study/index.html

I don't want to spoil party but is such tested vaccine has unexpected positive results isn't it possible that  this or other vaccine may have unexpected negative ones?

Just asking , no,  I'm not member of any anti-vaccine movement, quite opposite I'm well vaccinated against whatever vaccine is available for

The reduction in infection rate reported is there, but it doesn't look anything like complete immunity & there's still a risk of infection.

Also, the first few results on google don't bring up any useful data about the suitability of the vaccine for adults, for it's original purpose.