TotallyOz

Lodge Cookware in Thailand

I love cooking but as a Southern guy, I grew up with cast iron and love using it to cook. The BF also loves it and we use it almost every day.

Yesterday, we went to Emporium for lunch.  We saw they had a section for Lodge cookware which was pretty high.  The BF fell in love with a Lodge stove.  It was 26,000 baht.  I almost bought it for him but decided to wait and see what we found online.  I got home and checked the price on Amazon and it is less than 100 USD.  So, it is going to have to wait.

In another thread, we talked about shopping in Thailand and this is one of those instances that it is best to buy and bring into country.

https://www.amazon.com/Lodge-L410-Pre-Seasoned-Sportsmans-Charcoal/dp/B00022OK2A

index.jpg

http://www.lazada.co.th/lodge/?spm=a2o4m.brand-27696.0.0.zgIztD&sc=MzBs

Lazada have a good range of Lodge cookware, however expensive and from a very quick look I didnt notice the stove you are after.

I moved to Thailand a year ago and Lazada is my first option for buying things.  Sometimes you get what you want and sometimes you don't.  But, I like the prices and fast delivery.  However, many things delivered from China and takes a couple of weeks.

I order a case for my IPad Pro 12.9 inch and had delivered something for a smaller IPad that was really nice and had never seen before. The BF loved it and kept for his IPad.  But, we were lucky on that one.  Sometimes size is not shown and I ordered some wash clothes that I thought I'd like. They were cool but only 2 inches wide. LOL   The details are in the fine print and if not find print be ware!

Koko, yes, I'd have to have extra room in there for sure.  But, on United, Delta and American I have a press pass which gives me up to 20 bags at 50 USD each and up to 100 pound per bag.  It is much cheaper than other things.

Yesterday, we went to Emporium for lunch.  We saw they had a section for Lodge cookware which was pretty high.  The BF fell in love with a Lodge stove.  It was 26,000 baht.  I almost bought it for him but decided to wait and see what we found online.  I got home and checked the price on Amazon and it is less than 100 USD.  So, it is going to have to wait.

WOW! Ten times more expensive in Thailand!   I'm glad I only buy there some clothes and souvenirs for my bf, or whatever I lose, like a swimsuit I got stolen one time...