Nikom

Straight gogo bars

I heard Pat Pong's ping pong shows on 2nd floor are scams.

No gogo bars onThaniya. Mostly karaoke clubs cater for Asian business men/tourists.

If it must be near Patpong, Pink Panther has slender young girls popular among farangs and it has Muay Thai show.

Kings corner on Patpong is a large gogo bar and good looking ones are ladyboys.

It would be interesting to take your friends?

Forget Thaniya unless you are Japanese or Korean. Avoid upstairs "shows" on Patpong as they are just blatant scams designed to rip you off, also ignore the touts (anywhere) as they are like the upstairs shows and are just out to get your $$$$

Any personal experiences about the scams in upstairs bars? I would be curious to see what is advertised, but don't want to fall for a scam.

Yeah, friend of mine ignored the warnings and went upstairs to see a private girl on girl show (going back some years now but still the sort of thing that happens), according to him the "show" was mediocre at best and when they went to leave they were hit with an astronomical bill that they eventually had to pay in order to leave. If guys think 450 baht is an expensive drink in soi twilight my mate reckons his drinks bill (4 drinks) was 10,000, of course if they refuse to pay they would have been outnumbered very quickly. Pretty much reckons there is a threat hanging over you if you question the bill or refuse to pay up. Can't say if "upstairs" private gay shows would be this sort of scam but wouldn't surprise me in the least

I have a couple of straight guys planning on visiting me in BKK and want to take in a couple of female bars that have shows.  I haven't a clue!

Any suggestions on Thaniya Rd or Phat Pong?

Take them to Nana Plaza, lots of straight bars and agogos in a multi-story plaza type area - couple of LB agogos as well to shock them.

There are even some ST rooms hidden away at the top of the complex should they feel over-tempted. LOL