paulsf

Soi Twilight Police Visit

If u ever been to vietnam, its a land of twinks. Majority of them are very skinny. vietnamese are opportunist even in vietnam, so they are very hardworking and work hard to get what they want, in whatever way works for them. Thai on the other hand are more relax laidback, pretty much similar to malaysian, my hometown. I guess cambodians and lao isnt much of a target because their number is small. Havent had much experience on either countries since ivr never been there.

Guest ronnie4you

Generalizations about any group of people often fall short. Yes, I have been to Vietnam. I did see skinny guys, but also a variety of types. Opportunist is not a word I would use.

Guest ryanasia

It is pretty simple. You can use the word strangle but the word squeeze would be more apt. Prices to operate are becoming higher in Bangkok and the costs will go up accordingly. The businesses will just pass the cost on in order to survive. My prediction is that Soi Twilight won't be around in 5 years along with Cowboy and Nana. Unless they can generate hundreds of millions of dollars and vie for land with potential developers. 

It will all be done over apps pretty soon and that is the basic reality already.

I expect the land value will exceed soon the value of having Twilight operate.  

the operating value of, for example, a laundry is sometimes difficult to evaluate - but then I suppose things like laundries are often easy to re-locate

bkkguy

Guest ryanasia

the operating value of, for example, a laundry is sometimes difficult to evaluate - but then I suppose things like laundries are often easy to re-locate

bkkguy

Not sure the point about Twilight being a place to launder money is on target. The places do actually make money. Also tax laws in Thailand are very different. In the USA running a night club is a great way to launder money (although a prostitution ring would obviously be frowned upon)  but here if you have that much I think you have enough investment to hold land. 

If I am a Chinese billionaire I need a bit more than what Twilight produces to launder money. So I would develop a condo in Phuket or one of the hundreds of buildings anywhere on the coast that are empty. The other problem I see with Twilight being a money laundering operation is normally the point of laundering money is to make your money legit. Twilight doesn't accomplish this but just generates a low to moderate amount of money which would need to be filtered another time. 

Beach front condos losing money but you can falsely claim profitability on would be my go to for cleaning the wash. The small scale mafia in Twilight pays the cops and wouldn't have enough to need to operate at a loss just to launder money, they are still in it for the profit.

A large shopping mall in a central area would also be ideal. 

It just occurred to me the poster I responded to might have just been saying you can move a bar as easily as a washing machine. :) That I agree with. 

It just occurred to me the poster I responded to might have just been saying you can move a bar as easily as a washing machine. :) That I agree with. 

bar is easy to move but will it's customers be willing to move?

When Screwboys moved to soi Twilight years ago they did not do good if  memory   serves me well and return to Patpong side was good decision.

Hero was king of massage places but it was enough to close it for couple months and despite renovations and moving upscale it seems to lose it's luster.

Barbiery's move from Suriwong across from Soi Twilight to a new building across from Nature Boys proved a disaster. Once the most popular of the gogo bars, it soon closed. Albury moved after 15 years in its Suk 13 location to a new location down from Emporium near Rama 4. It too quickly closed. As far as I recall the only successful move has been Babylon - but that was only 200 meters down the same soi. You can move a bar or massage parlour. You cannot always move the customers!