abidismaili

Why no decline in female go go bars?

Guest tonywill

Early this month (Nov) I spent 7 nights in Pattaya at one of Sunee plaza's hotels. I Bar fined 2 Boys in total for ST the rest (1 or 2 every night) were set up with one of the apps. Towards the end of my trip I would lie in bed (around 8pm) playing with the apps chatting to boys and usually pull one by 9pm after ST I would sleep and wake again at 1am for more ST or LT without leaving my room. Sometimes if I felt like it I would wake at 7am for more!

While I had the odd drink with guys in these bars the bill when I left was always below 500B. The total spent at bars would have been below 4K Baht. Back 10 years ago I would have spent this amount every night.

As for girl bars maybe the average punter likes to have a line up of girls so when someone releases an app to do this (imagine a function that allows you to compare profiles) then the same will happen to the girly bars.

I haven't gone down the on-line route for my partners (other than my Vietnamese Angel last time - and that wasn't exactly what I had hoped).

It seems to me a bit like shopping on line, convenient perhaps, saves time for sure and cuts out extraneous expense in bars etc fore sure as well.

And, that said, I do have my list of 'regulars' most of whom, if they are not busy, are only a phone call away.

However, I remain addicted to the 'hunt', there is always the good chance of the unexpected 'find' as you go from bar to bar.

Then, you have that drink or two with them and the 'interview' process starts.  How comfortable are you with each other, how hands-on are they, do they kiss, do they keep eye contact and seem interested. They are demonstrating (or not) their barfine potential, they are reassuring you (or not) of the likelihood of good experience, etc, etc.

So although I might whinge about the cost of boy drinks in some places, I don't think I will ever tire of the bars and agogo as places to find my companions.

Whilst I have used the apps, on the last trip to Pattaya, an off fee was paid every single time. The ones I chatted to on the apps were in bars, so I would go to their bar.

I'm nearly 30 and first visited Bangkok two years ago. I've been a second time since and also once to Pattaya. I had an absolute blast on both occasions and will be returning again early next year. (All my research through this forum). I thought the bars were busy and there were so many hot boys available. I hate using apps because I find it boring to scroll through a list of pictures on my phone. And they're always far more attractive in the flesh, on stage. For that experience, I would glady pay more than I would meeting them on apps.

Always makes me sad to hear so much talk about the glory days being gone. I wish I had been able to see it. Even if it was similar to today I would be happy tbh, but from your comments, I assume it was even better. I really hope the scene doesn't continue to deteriorate. I feel like I've just discovered it, and even if I've missed out on the best days, I plan on coming back for many years

I also discovered it 2 years ago. Since that time I travel to Thailand 2 or 3 times a year (I have a job and can not get weeks and weeks of holiday).

But I start to get questions why I go so often. They say "You go for the go go boys and lady boys?". I smile and not really answer. How is that with you? You start getting questions why you visit Thailand so often? And what is your reply? What will your reply be in 5 years? I mean if your reply is: "visiting monuments, etc", that becomes untrustworthy if you go there 2, 3 times year in year out. 

Or you just are honest to your family and collegues? You say "I go for the sex scene, score some hot boys from bars, fuck a couple of boys every day and then fly back". Is that your answer to your family and collegues?

Haha. Yes Abidismaili I am very aware of this. Visting Thailand does have a certain innuendo to it. I also avoid questions on this by smiling and not answering. But I rave (honestly) about the beautiful country, luxurious cheap hotels, delicious food and friendly people. This keeps further questions away haha!

Always makes me sad to hear so much talk about the glory days being gone. I wish I had been able to see it.

In my humble opinion the 'glory days' are far from gone. I can't speak of anywhere but Pattaya, but there is still huge fun to be had if you go with the right mindset.

True some places wax while others wane. Sunee Plaza is not what it was for sure, but get yourself into Eros Bar, or head behind the screens in Good Boys with a boy of your choice and you will still emerge with your balls weighing less and a huge smile on your face.

The agogos of Boyztown and the adjacent sois are still stuffed with boys to suite all tastes and desperate for a few baht and any sort of little party you want to have with them.

We always tend to view the past, even the recent past, with 'rose tinted spectacles', but I truly believe there are still many opportunities to have an absolute blast in Pattaya and make your own 'glory days'. 

While I agree that in the past there was more bars and perhaps more selection I'm not one who longs for days gone, since they are gone and gone for good.

Since out of 13 trips spanning 2001-2016 my 12th one I consider the best , one more reason not to dwell on the past glories but rather concentrate on what next trip may bring. What is important fun still is to be had and it's worth such a long trip.

I think the explanation is that farang visitor numbers are down whereas asia/china numbers are up and a higher proportion of farang visitors than chinese are openly gay and comfortable going to gay gogos.

The most successful/consistently busy "gay" gogos currently I believe to me DreamBoys in BKK and BBB in Pattaya and a large portion of that is driven by Asian visitors male and female focused more if funny shows than offs..

Maybe sad but the world keeps fking moving...

And yeah as stated above grindr is far superior to Tinder.,,

Tonight I had the privilege to watch the BBB parade. I reckon the boys were jaded and looked terribly disinterested...

Not very professional of them to show their boreness and disinterest. If I were their boss I would say:

"You do not have to come next time if you lack the professionalism this job requires. To draw customers you need to act interested and smile. Else give me one reason why I should pay you your salary? You are in the entertainment business, act interested, or you are fired".

Truth is many Bars have become like that and that of course is why they are dying as the Apps become more popular.

Soi Twilight is not close to what it was even 6 years ago.  Sunee is dying at even a faster rate .  BT survives with maybe 6 Bars that have medium-large rosters of boys compared to a dozen  or more 10 years ago.

BKK ten years ago had more areas with multiple Bars .

As i get older I have a much harder time even remembering the Bars that were fun and no longer exist.

Interesting how Z909 found boys online and then went to see them at the Bar. I used to do that and then for the most part cut out the middle man ( Bars).  Now as I spend less time in the Bars I frequently find Boys that I met on the Apps.

The world is changing and it will continue to do so no matter how much we wish it would not.

Guest ronnie4you

firecat, you may need to give me lessons in using Grindr. I have never done so, but, if that's where the boys are, well...

I guess I can figure out for myself, but any hints are welcome.