Guest blueshrimp

Hotel Recommendations near Boystown, Pattaya

Guest Justbrent

I've stayed at the Barraquda a couple of times. The location is good, but I find the rooms to be pretty moldy. And I am quite sensitive to mold. As for "walking distance" to the baht buses, I guess it depends on how much you can walk. :-) But I walked from there to Sunnee Plaza in about 15-20 minutes. So the bus stop is 10-15 minutes I'd say.

I might stay at the Hilton at some point but it's a bit of a hike to Boyztown.

I've also stayed at the Aya Boutique Hotel a couple of times. But, while it was quite nice when it first opened, it wasn't especially well maintained. Good location though. It's been a few years since i was there so I might check more recent reviews to see if they've cleaned it up.

Thanks. 10-15mins is not that bad. We've always stay at jomtien and this time we wanna try staying at pattaya.

I might check out Aya boutique hotel too.

I love to stay at Hilton but apparently that Hilton is very popular and they do not have sales. (According to someone in the know)

During normal traffic periods, you just walk out the back way from the Hilton and it is a 10 baht 3-4 minute ride to BT

Return is even easier .  However they do have a reputation for not allowing guests. Not sure it is true because I'd much rather spend 1/3 the price next door at View Talay 6 and get a far nicer room in many respects .

I never had a problem at any Hiltons in BKK and I am a Diamond Member but it is an individually owned Hotel and they may not want a procession of Sex Trade.

Guest ronnie4you

Can someone update me on the Ambiance? I used  to love staying there, but management changed and so, in my opinion, did the quality. Sheets that had better days- or nights, given the cum stains that won't wash out, and bugs. Lots of bugs. I never saw those in my earlier stays. I'd love to know that these items are no longer a problem as I do like the location and guest policy.

I had a great stay at ambiance. I like being in the middle of everything. I do agree with the above comment about always being asked for massage, but that's all over the touristy areas in Thailand.

Can someone update me on the Ambiance? I used  to love staying there, but management changed and so, in my opinion, did the quality. Sheets that had better days- or nights, given the cum stains that won't wash out, and bugs. Lots of bugs. I never saw those in my earlier stays. I'd love to know that these items are no longer a problem as I do like the location and guest policy.

I stay there in Jun and other than navigating maze of corridors there were no problems, no bugs , sheets clean, visitors welcomed and everything in working condition, no soi noise sipping into the room

All the above I suggest is very correct....

I last stayed at the Ambiance in March, I chose a "Penthouse Suite" on the top floor (which is more a decent sized room than what I understand as a suite!)  with patio style doors on to the corridor/balcony area) the room is definitely pretty tired/old fashioned  but to be fair extremely clean and the staff are friendly with no question of bringing a boy back providing they have ID, location is clearly great for Boys town - but then less continent for Jomtian during the day!.

I have just returned from Pattaya and this time selected Baan Souy where I  have stayed many times before,  on this occasion travelled with a friend from the UK. As before Baan Souy was excellent in every respect, whilst the location was not as convenient for Boyz town as say the Ambiance   there is never any issue getting a motor bike taxi so you are there in minutes, and the location is more convenient for Jomtian as mid way between the two. Jim (the owner) was on holiday during our stay but still impossible to fault the overall  general standards and very warm welcome from Tom (X Café Royal) who was covering in Jim's absence and made us so welcome and comfortable.

So in summary whilst a Boystown hotel has the location advantage do consider the likes of Bann Souy which are still very convenient for the Boystown area!

Guest ryanasia

I am at Baan Souy right now and have some mixed feelings about it. Over all it is good and I like the place a lot. That being said it seems the service is a bit lacking in some areas. I will make a more detailed review about the place when I have more energy. Most of my criticisms or complaints can be avoided if you know what you are going into. 

It is currently my favorite gay place to stay. This will be my go to place when I come back to Pattaya. The tranquility of it and the greenery more than make up for any of it's shortcomings. It is an oasis of civilization  and helps to cure some of that day time boredom some of us get because of it's pleasant environment. 

Although I shall be staying in Soi 6 yet again this August I thought about trying out a hotel here for a night or two just to get the feel of a hotel in the heart of Boyztown.  

From this thread I an sensing that the Ambience would be a good starting point. 

Guest DThump

Being in the middle of boystown can be very noisey a 2 two minute walk away is Welcome Plaza....Every hotel is gay friendly as as long as you have cash.

Being in the middle of boystown can be very noisey a 2 two minute walk away is Welcome Plaza....Every hotel is gay friendly as as long as you have cash.

Welcome Plaza is well located, but if I want to book in over peak season, it's a case of either pay a non-refundable rate now or the refundable until 17 Nov rate is 3286 baht a night.  

Since accommodation that is clean, comfortable, has all the essential facilities and allows a good nights sleep on most of the nights can be had for under half that money, I find it difficult to double the budget for somewhere quieter.    

However, I would still be reluctant to stay on the Boyztown street just because of the risk of all night parties, so definitely get your point about moving a little way off.

What are the rooms & clientele like in Welcome Plaza ?

I also saw a new hotel under construction behind the Cucumber suites last year.   ie Near Tuk Com.    That might be an interesting option for Boyztown & Sunnee, if it does not fall into Arab territory.

Welcome Plaza is well located, but if I want to book in over peak season, it's a case of either pay a non-refundable rate now or the refundable until 17 Nov rate is 3286 baht a night.  .

The rate i see online for Welcome Plaza in August is 1500B, whilst on the same dates for a deluxe room in the Ambiance is 900B

When i first started staying in Pattaya in 2001 the Welcome plaza was 800B and the Ambiance was ~1200B per night... its amazing how they have flipped in their pricing structures... My guess is that the Welcome is full of chinese tourists these days and therefore the price has risen

My prices were for late December, when I am next likely to be in town.   Nevertheless, the Welcome price is still double the high season price I hope to pay.  

If it happened to be full of tourists who make lots of noise late at night & formed some kind of rugby scrum around the breakfast table, it would cancel out any benefits of location.

What is Mosaik like these days ?    I kept hearing the beds were rock hard, which is always a deal breaker for me.

Across the road is the Flamingo.  I stayed there for 3 years.     It was old, but cleaned properly & the end rooms were spacious & quiet.  I've not been there for 2~3 years & thought they had closed when the place ceased to have a website or list on booking.com.   Yet 6 months ago, when I walked past, they still seemed to have customers.   They could benefit from a modest refresh and some attempt at marketing.

Hi Vessey

You could also try Mosaik apartments:

http://mosaikpattaya.net/home.html

They are located half way between Sunee and Boystown... so best of both worlds!

Entrance to Mosaik is opposite entrance to Tuk.com, so plenty of food and massage options in the vicinity

Mosaik is ok but some of the beds are too firm. They also will not use "do not disturb" signs. Housekeeping just knock on the door anytime after 1030am to clean the rooms. Not good after a late night so Mosaik has seen the last of me.

Welcome Plaza had lots of little cockroaches running around last time i was there which is a few years back. Unless it has been refurbished and the pest exterminators have gone through the place i would give it a miss. I am avoiding anywhere the Chinese tour groups stay.

Guest DThump

Welcome Plaza has been totally refurbished. Mosaik after 10+ years and a recent change of ownership is showing its age and has become like other places around Tuck Com a favorite amongst Arab visitors. If you are insistant on Mosaik try to get a room in the samller somewhat newer section facing the back.

Welcome Plaza has been totally refurbished. Mosaik after 10+ years and a recent change of ownership is showing its age and has become like other places around Tuck Com a favorite amongst Arab visitors. If you are insistant on Mosaik try to get a room in the samller somewhat newer section facing the back.

By change of ownership you mean a director was bought out? 

Staff and main owners, as I am aware, are still the same.

If you mean by 'showing it's age' that it has gone downhill either somewhat or drastically I'm not sure where your information has

come from or when you last stayed there but as someone who stays there every 3-4 months I found recently only UPGRADES in some rooms where they had fitted very comfortable superior mattresses with toppers as well as all the wooden furniture (wardrobe/dining table/TV-DVD Unit) in the rooms I have had there. Also some of the bathrooms had new Hans Grohe shower equipment installed.

There has ALWAYS been 3 grades of room types in Mosaik, Standard, Deluxe and Prestige and the prices reflect the quality of room furnishings as well as equipment levels.

Also to add, Mosaik has become favourite with Chinese (Standard Block) and continues to be a favourite of European, westerners, Asians, middle eastern, etal customers. That's why they manage 90% occupancy rates much of the year and are still in business with high standards.

So have you stayed there recently? If so, maybe you could furnish us with some accurate up-to-date details of the room/rooms you have stayed in, rather than unspecific inaccurate generalisations.  

This smaller, somewhat newer section facing the back you refer to......is where precisely? I haven't come upon any new sections this past 10 years, but always happy to be updated.

Mosaik is very easy distance to both Boyztown and Sunee where I've read Vessey visits. Also songtaews stop right outside Tukcom at the end of the soi and so easy access to Boyztown, and all areas on the 2nd Rd route, Soi 6-7, Diana and to LK Metro area. So I still highly recommend. Will be staying there again in few days time and happy to update any positive or negative aspects I encounter.