Guest blueshrimp

Hotel Recommendations near Boystown, Pattaya

Guest blueshrimp

Visiting next weekend, and would like some suggestions for a hotel or AirBNB near Pattaya 13/3 Alley, Boyztown.  Anyone got a good recommendation?  Thanks in advance.

no reason to be put off but  it will not hurt to check escape routes after arrival, just in case.

Twisted corridors at Ambiance were reason I used ' fire trap' expression,fast finding way out when in panic is important.

At Le Cafe layout it is much simpler.

Still I recommend both 

I stayed at the Ambience once.  I'm sure you can figure out their fire escape options well enough & if you're mobile, even use them if the need arose.  Also, there is a lot of concrete in the buildings in that area & we're not going to see a repeat of the great fire of London in Boyztown any time soon.

On the original topic, there are 3 main hotels on Boyztown:

The Ambiance

Copa

Le Cafe Royale

Then there is the mysterious Serene Hotel.  I walked in there once & concluded walking right back out was the best option.  Seems like a low end mismanaged mess.

Nearby, there is The Penthouse.  You can get a flavour of the place from their website.   Mostly straight, but your custom will be welcome.   I've never stayed there, but have been in there a few times with gay friends, one of whom stayed there for several years.

Also, opposite Wild West Boys is The Classrooms.   Directly above a straight gogo bar & run by the same people.  They also welcome your custom.  I've stayed there twice & like it.  

On the rare occasion my latest gogo boy meets the gogo girls on the way in, the flattering comments usually bring a smile to his face.

There are probably other options nearby.

I staid at the Ambiance once and I had little doubt I could have climbed out through the window in case of a fire. It probably helped that I staid on 2nd floor, not on one of the higher floors, so I would have braved a jump if needed.

isn't Levinsky hotel in Pattayaland soi 1?

I think you are right.   I ate there once, but didn't even realise they have a hotel.  Their website is not very informative, but it could be an interesting budget option.

I mostly stay at the Ambiance these days and on balance I like the place, but I concur with the other posts regarding it's confusing layout. Years ago when Pattaya was just developing there must have been three shop houses, which have been joined by knocking openings to form, not very successfully, one unit.

Now after checking in I fix the position of my room in relation to objects like a large vase, elevator or stairs. I want to avoid the embarrassment of a few years ago when returning with my boyfriend du jour it took me about five minutes of wandering about to locate it. On another occasion I contacted a boy on GR and got a call from reception to say he had arrived. I told them to send him up, but after several minutes he hadn't arrived so I had to go in search of him. He had been wandering about the same as I did.

In July I think they had improved the signage as no doubt other guests had had the same experience.

But in conclusion I would recommend the Ambiance as an ideal place to stay for the gay sex tourist, particularly newbies to Pattaya.

Guest blueshrimp

Well, if anyone wants to join me for a drink, or a shared look around Boyztown, I'm there on Friday afternoon/evening, and again on Saturday evening.

I stayed at Ambiance my first couple of times in Pattaya. Not luxurious, but certainly in the middle of it all. Which can be a blessing and a curse. If you don't want to stay out all night you will hear the loud music from BBB below. Every time you go anywhere the massage boys who sit outside will hit you with the constant "Massage, sir?" It might be charming at first, but gets a little old. But you are right there for going out and if you pick up a boy at one of the gogos you don't have far to go.

I've stayed at the Barraquda a couple of times. The location is good, but I find the rooms to be pretty moldy. And I am quite sensitive to mold. As for "walking distance" to the baht buses, I guess it depends on how much you can walk. :-) But I walked from there to Sunnee Plaza in about 15-20 minutes. So the bus stop is 10-15 minutes I'd say.

I might stay at the Hilton at some point but it's a bit of a hike to Boyztown.

I've also stayed at the Aya Boutique Hotel a couple of times. But, while it was quite nice when it first opened, it wasn't especially well maintained. Good location though. It's been a few years since i was there so I might check more recent reviews to see if they've cleaned it up.