TotallyOz

Mini Countertop Over?

My apartment did not have an oven. :(  

So, I am considering getting a counter-top one.  Anyone use this before?  Any recommendations?

I don't use the oven a great deal but want to from time to time.  Esp. I make this great Cinnamon Bun in a Iron Skillet that is heavenly. :)  Needs about 400 degrees F.

Guest abang1961

In Asia, it is very common to use a counter-top oven.  

I am using one from TEFAL and I use it mainly for bread, cake and chicken wings.

The price is about USD 200 and it had lasted me for more than 5 years and it still works wonder!

post-13467-0-69155900-1468492677_thumb.jpg

Guest abang1961

Michael, you can do this too... my lunch today..Indian Ponni rice boiled with turmeric powder in a rice cooker. And big spicy chicken drumstick by the countertop oven.  Everything done within 50 minutes while I check my emails, likes and chat with friends etc... Yes they look and taste delicious.

post-13467-0-89058600-1468635989_thumb.jpg

post-13467-0-61401000-1468636003_thumb.jpg

post-13467-0-01741100-1468636012_thumb.jpg

Guest abang1961

That's a good deal.

I can't wait to see your food.. perhaps next time, I can share some of my recipes when I pop over in Bangkok.

Am I asking too much?

Do you have food processor?

One that can blend fruits into smoothie?

One that can blend fruits into smoothie?

One of the healthiest ways to eat fruits is to blend them with your teeth into a bolus that initiates the process of digestion.

But the smoothies made with blenders are a second best solution when teeth are missing or too weak.  Hopefully you can do without such blenders and food processors for another twenty years...

Guest abang1961

Michael

Have you used the counter-top convection oven yet?

This is my lunch today - boiled rice and steam minced pork (by rice cooker simultaneously) and oven-baked dory fish fillet...and a glass of coffee ...attachment=17325:Lunch-20160719.jpg]

post-13467-0-36118800-1468893499_thumb.jpg

Michael

Have you used the counter-top convection oven yet?

This is my lunch today - boiled rice and steam minced pork (by rice cooker simultaneously) and oven-baked dory fish fillet...and a glass of coffee ...attachment=17325:Lunch-20160719.jpg]

It looks delicious and healthy too!

Guest abang1961

Thanks for the likes.

I carved for something a little deep-fried but I cheated a little.

I put the chicken drumsticks and the toufu in the countertop oven first to thoroughly cook them.

Next, the cooked food was battered with 5-spice powder, salt, flour and kaffa leaves before I did the "quick" deep-frying.

I added Japanese sesame dressing to the toufu thereafter.

To get my fibre intake, a stir-fry oyster-sauce cabbage.

Bon Appetite...

** recent addiction: turmeric powder was once again added to the rice..(after reading all the good reports regarding its medicinal health benefits)

post-13467-0-38036300-1469066274_thumb.jpg