PRICING - here we go again

Now I am in Pattaya and have experienced the follow:

Boy-Boy-Boy

1. Off fee = 500

2. Tip for boy = 2000-3000

A Bomb, Toy Boy, and Xboys:

1. Off fee = 400

2. Tip for boy = 1500

This is low season. Those of you who are CURRENTLY in Pattaya, are you experiencing the same price rates?

I was in Pattaya last year so I am not interested in previous rates, just the CURRENT ONES.

I'd be interested to hear how you came by those figures As far as bars were concerned in my bar-cruising days, the price code for a guy you take off remained "up to you". And I've not seen, even today in my rare visits as a spectator any lists, other than those for  bar -fines.

This past weekend I was at the four bars I listed. I asked the bar workers what is the off fee. At each bar I invited 3 to 4 boys for a drink and asked them what is their fee. So that is how I got the prices - from the employees and the boys themselves.

Londoner, are you CURRENTLY in Pattaya or have been here within the last 3 months?

First of all asking an employee ( Mamasan, Mgr etc.)of the Bar about Tip for boy is the worst thing you can do. They will always quote high in order to obtain money from the boy.

Once an employee has told you 1500 then all the boys will quote 1500 because the GoGo Boy wireless is very good. HeHe.

Also just because a boy quotes you 1500 does not mean that is what he will accept.

I have no doubt Boys and A Bomb may be 1500. Lots of straight boys and or muscle boys and they have always been on the higher end.

I doubt most of the boys in Toy Boys would not accept less then 1500. XBoys I can't comment on since the last 3 times I wasted my time visiting that Bar there was not a single boy I would take. (just me)

Since I believe this is the lowest of low seasons I doubt prices have changed. As I posted in another thread I signed into Planetromeo for a few hours and had 13 boys contact me looking for work. Most of those boys when I asked worked in Bars.

I would guess there are many Bar Boys in Pattaya who will gladly agree to 1000 for short time and hope the farang will be happy and give them a little more??

I can't remember the last time I asked anyone ahead of time what they charge. Sometimes my off will bring it up, but rarely. That being said I rarely visit, or off from, boy bars preferring to off from massage places. Are those ST or LT as you don't say?

No Brall 3, I am not in Pattaya now....but I was two weeks ago. And I'm missing it already. I visit three times a year, every year.

If you ask one of the guys he will understandably give you the top price. If you were to say to him something like "1000 baht OK for you?" he'd be delighted.That is the going-price, though the straight guys at BBB may be disappointed.

I never asked; I gave at the end of the session. It was 1000 basic, plus 200/300 for tax and dinner.  Never any complaints. i can tell you that this remains the rate. I know guys on the scene.

No, I did not ask the bar employees about the "tip for the boys"; far from being a novice. The bar employees were asked "what is the off fee?".

For the boys tip fee, I only ask the boys themselves. I tried unsuccessfully to negotiate a lower tip fee.

I sat outside and saw that many of the guys I talked with left the bar without a customer. Perhaps to the Thai boy way of thinking, no money is better than negotiating a lesser fee; who knows.

Frequently I have observed more boys working than customers at the bar, so 2000-3000 seems excessive to me and I have not paid that price. So again, I am curious if others are being told this high price?

No, I did not ask the bar employees about the "tip for the boys"; far from being a novice. The bar employees were asked "what is the off fee?".

For the boys tip fee, I only ask the boys themselves. I tried unsuccessfully to negotiate a lower tip fee.

I sat outside and saw that many of the guys I talked with left the bar without a customer. Perhaps to the Thai boy way of thinking, no money is better than negotiating a lesser fee; who knows.

Frequently I have observed more boys working than customers at the bar, so 2000-3000 seems excessive to me and I have not paid that price. So again, I am curious if others are being told this high price?

My experience last week: 1500 ST for Toy Boys (twice), 2000 ST for Boyzboyzboyz - also the same as February this year.

I don't see the point in going from place to place asking boys about their prices. There are lots of boys around for most price brackets. If the boys in the bars want 3000 for a short time they are either getting it or not, what does it matter to anyone but them. Think though that if they agree a 1000 fee for three nights it's the same as a 3000 fee once in three nights and Three times the work. If the boys are happy and won't go lower then move on. Lots of fish in the sea. I've got to say I've never paid 3000 for ST but occasionally for LT if they were very good.

We had a thread a few months ago about BBB trying it on and it seems they still are.

Yesterday I was quoted 500 baht for a boy drink and told them to fuck off.

You should do the same brall.

I suspect it may be something to do with their large Asian customer base ( there were only 4 Falang in there for the show).

Perhaps they are trying to emulate Dreamboys BKK.

One thing you fail to let us know is Type of Boy. Some things never change and Straight, Semi Straight and Muscular boys have always asked and gotten more. Since it is a small segment of most Bars they have pricing advantage.

I went back and looked at recent approaches by boys on Romeo. They were mostly twinks and they worked Toy, Kawaii , Cupidol and Vassa. They all asked me how much I pay and all said ok to 1000.

That said I rarely pay the minimum but if all these boys are still happy with promised rate of 1000 then I guess nothing has changed at least for Twinks . Also nothing has changed for Boys and A Bomb because those type have always asked for more.

Since I have not been in Toy Boys for 6 months and I believe they continue to attract many Chinese customers , I would not be surprised if they are asking for 1500 so as not to have Chinese customers realize they can pay less.

Bottom line I have no doubt you can find many boys in many Bars in Pattaya happy to go with you short time for 1000.

That price has not changed for many years!

All that said if I was attracted to a certain boy and he stuck at price of 1500 in the Bar , I would happily pay it rather then take boy in another Bar where the attraction was not as strong.

Guest abang1961

I have never have this problem.

I have yet to off and paid someone for company yet.

As a matter of fact, I don't even bother to go into bars anymore.

There are plenty of apps available and yes, this old potato queen got my fair share of Thai guys requesting for paid sex.

I politely informed them that I have a boyfriend with me and that's end all conversation.

So if anyone is particular about the pricing, switch to the apps. Grindr, Hornet etc.

I am sure you get all the love and pleasure soon.

Some people understand the concept of negotiation, some do not.

If you ask a boy what the short time rate in the bar is, the question shows you don't know the market.

Therefore some of them will quote 2000 or 3000, BECAUSE YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY PAY IT.  It does NOT mean that is what they expect you to pay.

If you reply "I will pay 1000", some might accept, others might gladly accept a tip of 1200 after negotiation. 

I've never paid more than 1300 short time in Pattaya & I know others in the same position. 

A few basic rules:

1   When the mamasan or boy asks "How many times you been to Thailand ?", they are fishing to see how green the customer is.

Even if it's your first visit, say 10 times.

2   Try to avoid all discussions with the mamasans.

3 Consider what you're pepared to pay in advance & if the subject of money is discussed before the off, be prepared to negotiate and say no.    Remember, if you over pay, all the other boys in the bar will know the next time you go there.

4 If you do not agree a tip before the off, remember you have no moral or contractual obligation to pay anything other than the going rate.    It would be immoral to send him off with 500 hant.    Equally, he does not have the right to demand 3000 baht.

The only sentence that matters in this post is the one in big red letters above.   

June, all BBB, so all offs were 500 baht:

- LT, didn't agreed anything in advance, but actually I saw and caught the boy in Hornet, 2500 + small dinner (and still getting messages on Line), and 100 to a manager for translation,

- ST, "non-working star" of the bar :) , 1500, and 2 drinks at the terrace for the boy and a manager,

- LT, a manager was involved, told me "LT is 3000" (actually, it's "up to me", but I was OK with 3000), + small dinner,

- LT with the guy from the previous night, so 3000 and small dinner again.

April:

- ToyBoys - 400 off, 3 ST * 1500 for 2 guys standing at the entrance to the bar (got broad smiles from both of the guys in June, but no offs this time)

- BBB - I wrote a post, it was mentioned here already, will add to it a little bit later.

..... Some things never change and Straight, Semi Straight and Muscular boys have always asked and gotten more. Since it is a small segment of most Bars they have pricing advantage.

unfortunately for my pocket but very fortunately for me

Remember, if you over pay, all the other boys in the bar will know the next time you go there.

sometimes it may be advantageous if one is salivating after star who know can command higher price, you tell him this is what I paid your friends and he may relent.

Thanks Numazu for your input. I just wanted to know if we were all basically on the same page and you verified that we are. How nice it is to read reports which actually addresses the original post.

Gerefan, your post made me laugh so hard that others looked up at my outburst. Thanks a million for an amusing addition to my day.

Z909, your post is so true. I learned those valuable lessons years ago doing my first visit to Thailand. Somethings seem never to change.

Again, thank goodness for sites like this one and others which has a lot of helpful information as well as delightful reading material. Keep up the good work.

The prices you were quoted are clearly wishful thinking, hoping some newbie or rich would bite.

August 2015 Boys Boys Boys I was quoted:

Enquire about prices: off fee 400, short time 1500, room upstairs 500 (in addition to off fee).

http://christianpfc.blogspot.de/2015/08/pattaya-august-2015.html

and in March 2015 a boy asked for 2500, then lowered to 2000 on Line after work (Nop in Kawaii)

http://christianpfc.blogspot.de/2016/03/pattaya-march-2016.html

That one was quite attractive and might have been the star of the bar. And if he just had a customer and is awash with money, I can understand this, but will not pander to such an attitude. I will be back and repeat my offer of 1000, and move on if he doesn't accept.