Jasper

Dream Boy Bangkok Last Night

I visited Dream Boy Bangkok last night. It was raining again so when I reached the bar at 10 pm there were only 18 customers and at 11 pm a healthy 40+ customers.

12 boys on stage at one time total numbers of boys around 40. Very skinny twink with cute face #28 was getting a lot of tips when dancing on stage. Almost all boys have badly done tatoos on their body. Problem of this bar is that they have too many ladyboys.

I just absolutely hate ladyboys act in this bar. I cannot understand why the management think anyone want to see ladyboys private parts? I also fail to see anything remotelessly funny on their comedy act. Sometimes I feel the owner of the bar employ them as a kind of a charity.

Drink price 450 Baht

Show start 10:30

Off fee 650 Baht

Short time tip 2000 Baht/ Long time tip 3000 (quoted by mamasan)

I was always of opinion recorded even  on this forum that their prices , highest in the soi, were justified by superb selection  of boys on the stage. Then last December bucket of cold water was thrown at me  -  nobody took my fancy at all.

Since prices are still the same I wonder if selection improved.

While I agree with Jasper's assessment of ladyboys act above  judging by reactions of audience I observed  it still amazes newcomers which may be reason it's still there

I think the prices are ridiculous but I am a White guy which is not his target audience. On some nights he has more customers then all the other Bars combined. His job is to make as much money as he can and that means tough shit what I think.

Not sure how many of his boys get offed but I would be willing to bet his % of offed boys is not worse then any other Bars in Soi Twilight.

Same complaints have been going on for at least 5 years and during that time other Bars have closed or changed owners.

So he is doing what he has to , in order to keep making money.

I just don't go there anymore and it seems ridiculous to complain because it is not going to change!

The % of boys being offed is very good. I had been once or twice over the years, but as the prices went up over the last couple I stopped going. This past spring I spent a couple of months in Bangkok and decided I would go a few times and see if the quality of boy was still there. First night I stopped by I was happy with selection, but had later plans, so no off. Made some notes and went back next night for an off. All 4 were already gone. This was just before show time. Next night went just before 9. 2 of my picks were there. Took one, but wanted to sit for awhile, have a drink and watch boys. In he next 30 minutes, about 15 boys were offed. Many situations were like mine. Customers came in, asked for boy and was gone. Doing some talking with boys and some friends, not unusual for 20 boys to be offed before show starts. Then another rush after show. Went in one night just before closing and maybe 10 boys left.

I'm sure it's not like this everynight, but it is many nights. Some of you posters that know me, know where I hang out most nights. I can see the off's coming from there every night. The guy is running a gold mine. Most of the customers are Asian, but there is a good supply of Farang customers. The Chinese customers love the ladyboys. It's something they don't see at home.

When I get back to Bangkok so, I will probably stop by to see what's going on with the boys, but it will be before or after the show.

This is what owners of  Hero thought perhaps as well

Completely different. There lease ran out because in addition they did not pay. I'm sure he pays way more then any of the other Bars on Soi Twilight and it is a street where only Gay businesses can go so unlikely he will ever lose lease.

"The % of boys being offed is very good. " by Paulsf.

Does not surprise me . He gives customers what they want and most think the prices are reasonable compared to what they would pay at home for drinks and a Show.

If I owned that Bar I would want someone like him running it and tough luck what Non Asians think.

Been at Dream Boys twice this trip already. I long-timed one of the guys and he had stories to tell about the owner and how the bar is run. It's definitely evolved through the years, but since it is still making a lot of money, it has weathered through a lot of changes in the gay landscape here as well. Shifting from farangs to Asians, the internet gay dating app rise, and various other economical and political changes, has made Dream Boy still the undisputed king of soi twilight. I guess I have no point of reference since I only started going to BKK in 2013 or 2014, but so far the bar is usually a must stop for me every trip. I think the owner is a genius. The current business model may or may not cater to most of the members here, but it sure sells.

Oh and the guy I offed probably is the best off I made ever, in a pure benefits to cost ratio of what I get vs what I paid. As vinapu has said in the past, it only takes one great boy to make or break a bar for you.

Guest abang1961

Ladyboy ..exotic to some but sorry, has zero effect on me (and most of forummers here)

I strolled through the soi several times during my stay but never once, went into a bar.

No I am not a cheapo...The prices for a drink had shot up so much that I would rather buy another pair of "imitation" underwear and stuff at the night market.  The fact is that I am not going to off someone and really, being there and done that.  I have had the opportunity to see the shows before and really, there is no new element/segment to entice me anymore.  

The % of boys being offed is very good. 

Oh and the guy I offed probably is the best off I made ever, in a pure benefits to cost ratio of what I get vs what I paid. 

those are encouraging news from time-tested forum members. On the last trip I did not even bother going in after December fiasco so time to check again at next opportunity.

One of my best off ever was from there also but it was back in Nov 2013

Admittedly it has been awhile since I have been there but the % of Ladyboys is small compared to the number of boys. Last time I stopped in was January and they easily had 80-100 boys. Complaining about a few Ladyboys seems unimportant if you are prepared to pay their prices for a lot of Good Looking Boys from Twink to Medium Muscle.

I am not because my type is available for a lot less but I have offed some boys from there(before the prices climbed to their current level.) and they were all excellent. My problem most of the Boys I fall in love with there are Tops although sometimes they have whispered to me not but don't tell the Mamasans. HeHe

Once the drinks exceeded 400 baht and the off fees went above 500 baht I lost interest and thus stop in very sporadically.

It's the shows that are dominated by ladyboys. True up to 100 boys onstage on Fri/Sat nights. But the 2 shows don't use most of these boys. The best shows for me are across the street at Freshboys and XBoys. Though XBoys does one show for about 1-1/2 hours, which for me is to long. And they are both a bit cheaper.

Guest abang1961

The novelty of Ladyboys should remain in Pattaya's theatre. 

Last year, I bought a small group of 4 Chinese mainlanders to one and they enjoyed it.

They even took photos with them.

But they said, once is enough!