paulsf

Soi Twilight Police Raid

The boys are savvy enough to market themselves using smartphone apps without the need to pose in bars before their potential clients. Although not all of them have smartphones, the enterprising ones should be able to make arrangements through their friends.

I think z909 meant if boys will return to their countries pool of them available THERE will improve. 

Exactly.  In recent years it has become more difficult to find evening company in places like Siem Reap. Perhaps that is because so many moved to Thailand.  So if they are discouraged from working in Thailand, the situation might pick up back in their own countries.

Is it bad in Cambodia to find money boys? I'm wanting to go there. Was thinking later this year.

Firstly, Cambodia is a great place to visit for the Angkor Wat temples.

To answer your question, well it's not as easy to find money boys as it is in Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket or Chiang Mai.  But it's easier than most other countries.

I've been there 4 times in the last 10 years, but the last  time was about 3 years ago. Another visit is due.

Siem Reap:

Finding money boys to come back to your hotel is a lot more difficult than it used to be.  Which is why I think some of the local talent is working in Thailand. About 8 years ago, the Linga bar would have about a dozen of them. On my most recent trip, I don't think there were any there or in the other gay bar.  The phone apps were also rather quiet, but of course there are number of places offering massage with extras. Both gay places and mixed massage shops.

Phnom Penh.

Probably the best place in Cambodia. Has usually been possible to find someone to share a bed in Blue Chilli bar.  There are other bars which have had favourable reports on various sites.   Also saunas & massage places.

Sihanoukville

The Cheers hotel used to be gay run, with a gay bar around the back which used to have a few freelancers. There was nothing else in town at the time. I did get approached by one lad on the beach, but considered him to be too immature.

The Cheers hotel is no longer gay, so I have no idea if there are any gay options left in town.

Battambang, Kampot & Kep.

No sign of any action or male massage anywhere.

I would say the easiest place to find a Lao, Cambodian or Burmese lad to actually share your hotel bed is Pattaya, rather than in those countries.   

Of course, I still recommend you go ahead and visit these countries. There is more to life than who shares your bed. 

Besides, Bangkok has an excellent hub airport, so you can begin & end your trip in Thailand.

Of course, I still recommend you go ahead and visit these countries. There is more to life than who shares your bed. 

Besides, Bangkok has an excellent hub airport, so you can begin & end your trip in Thailand.

it's why my first 8 trips to Thailand were always combined with one of the countries in the region -  Cambodia, Burma , Laos , Vietnam and Indonesia

it's why my first 8 trips to Thailand were always combined with one of the countries in the region

8 out of my first 9 trips have included at least one other country.   Cambodia is the favourite.