biguyby

Pattaya - Heat wave!

Is anyone else finding it difficult to cope with current unbearable hot weather?

I've been here in Pattaya for two weeks now with two more weeks to go but I am seriously considering cutting my holiday short and looking for an earlier flight.

Guest abang1961

Well the entire South East Asia is suffering from the extraordinary heatwave.

Here in Singapore, the picture is slightly rosier as the occasional rain in the afternoon brings the temperature down.

Perhaps you may need to go to Hong Kong - the temperature hovers around 18 to 23C when I was there. 

There was the occasional sun..much too little to laze by the pool.

Guest ronnie4you

I was in Pattaya once for a cold wave! Temps dropped to 64F, and guys were hauling out the winter clothing, building fires in the street, or otherwise staying indoors. I loved it. I finally stopped sweating!

Guest Cedric

Forget Hong Kong the weather is wet and steamy. The rains just started "thanks god" as my housekeeper exclaimed over the phone. It's been unbearably hot as we've been in a tropical depression, but now its a blessed 27-28%C so I believe. 

In Bangkok I use an umbrella where ever I go, its filthy hot at the moment. Add to that the pollution and it can be unbearable. The best umbrellas for this are those that are green and have a reflective layer underneath. Forget a black umbrella you will die.

The problem with Pattaya is you can't get relief by taking a dip in the sea because the water is so flat and hot itself. The gulf of Thailand can be unbearable. I definitely wouldn't cut my holiday short, but rather go somewhere else where the ocean isn't a plate of soup.

If you've got the time try Phuket for example, they have some decent waves on one or two of the beaches and the water is a nicer temp. I seem to remember Hua Hin  also in the Gulf had one nice wavy beach think it was around Takiab Beach but I was only there a day or so maybe it's not the norm.