Guest tom2014

Dec 2015 to Jan 2016 BKK trip report

Guest tom2014

Trip report Dec 2015-Jan 2016

This was my sixth visit to Thailand but it’s my first proper trip report here… been tempted quite a few times but didn’t put fingers to keyboard. Here goes, all true except a couple of details changed to protect the guilty.

Discreet UK guy here, 30s, slim, top/vers, sporty, totally non scene, only somewhat experienced in bed but I work hard and don’t date much in the UK. Travel for work occasionally and also save up holiday to explore the world. I say, the world, but it’s mostly been Asia for the last six years when I discovered Thailand as a stopover, then Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Burma and Cambodia, plus China, HK, Japan. Sounds like a lot of travel but once in BKK or KL I like zipping around on cheap AirAsia , Nok Air, Lion, etc flights: amazing value.

OK so enough introduction, some details from my last trip (some background from previous trips, too) but it’s three months ago so not day-to-day like most of your excellent trip reports. Next time I'll take detailed notes! This was a Christmas trip of two weeks to BKK and Phuket. BKK was more interesting so I’ll just relate some of the BKK stories.

Stay

In some big hotels around Soi 11, Sukhumvit Rd: good value, a bit faded, but very convenient, anonymous and great facilities including gym, pool, wifi etc. Sometimes as before I've been in some smaller good value places off Silom like Glow, Sala Daeng Inn, Heritage, and this time also trying out the Malaysia Hotel: a creaky old lady but basic, clean, good value and with that 24hr restaurant. OK pool, and at £20/night it compensates for the £35-45/night I pay in other places.

Fun

Not that kind – yet – for now, eating, drinking, shopping, touristing, reading, sunbathing around the pool, going to the night markets, did I mention eating? particularly Khao San Road and the places nearer the river, Silom is ever entertaining, Siam Paragon, Central World, MBK, Soi 11 bars and Sukhumvit Road, all the obvious sites. Book shops, too. I also hire bikes and cycle around, I’ve done a couple of touristy cooking school days/mornings which were great fun; like cocktails at sunset eg at Sirocco or Fraser Suites off Soi 11, can’t remember the name of the rooftop bar. Like walking stupidly long distances across the city in the heat or the middle of the night – eg from Siam Square to Khao San Road through Chinatown, from Chong Nonsi to Lumphini, from Lumphini to Nana, etc… not sure why since taxis are not so expensive but with headphones in the time passes quickly, it's a great way to get your bearings around the city, and it gets my count well over 10,000 paces.

Usually I’m alone when visiting and so I have made some friends in BKK, platonic and not … at first I spent a lot of time chatting on Manhunt and GR to meet guys and line up drinks and dates… some of which worked out, but now of course there’s Grindr, Hornet, Jack’d… love‘em or hate’em, they are here and addictive, and also a good way of making contacts as well as dates.

Other fun

Have met good guys off Grindr: I’m top and mostly into younger smooth bottom boys, straight acting and slim, 20s usually. This trip I fucked three cute Asian lads in my hotel rooms, separately – met them in a nearby bar for a chat/speed date first, one was Chinese, one from HK, one Thai. One from HK was very cute, professional type guy 24/25, slim and very submissive in bed although you couldn’t tell before that. He loved it and took it well in lots of positions. Was excellent in the late afternoon with the curtains open for all to see, haha, was 20th floor or something so I think we were safe. The time flew, and then we had dinner in the Sala Thai restaurant in Soi 11, split 50:50 as he insisted and we promised to keep in touch and meet again in HK when I am next there. He wore the cutest stripy shorts, T shirt and little briefs underneath – there’s nothing like a slim Asian man in slip type briefs. The Thai guy was very sweet, a nurse, a fraction feminine once you were looking for it, but then most Thai guys seem like that to start with. He just melted in bed and was so passionate, it was amazing to enter him and make him moan: lots of fun. Will meet him again when I’m back in BKK. Not saying I’m any good at this: definitely need more practice J… just giving you a flavour of the lucky encounters I’ve had.

Massage

I read the massage reports on here with interest: seen Adonis, Banana and so on when I walked past but not been tempted as there is free fun available on Grindr etc. I love massage, though, and get about an hour session most days. Babylon is good, but quite pricey at 500B for an hour of oil massage. Ironically, as they have the sign ‘No sex. No hand jobs.’ Babylon is the one place where there’s no expectation or concern about more and you can just relax and enjoy it. The last couple of times the guy has got a bit touchy feely about the willy area since I always get hard, just with a normal massage, since I love it so much… but it’s all been low pressure and I just give an extra 100B tip regardless of where he dwells on. Mostly I don’t hook up in Babylon but have met some nice guys over a beer at the bar, and liked the chilled ambience. There have been a couple of encounters, though, which were hot hot … my second trip to BKK, I went and on the second trip to Babylon I was walking around in just white briefs with my towel over my shoulder, went down into the dark play zone and found the sling… tried it out as I’d never been in one before and as I was just experiencing the feeling of lying there two guys came in.. couldn’t see them properly but they were youngish and slimish… ended up both fucking me, well lubed and safe of course, was awesome, fairly gentle, not too hard. Not sure who else was watching, it was so dark. My briefs were up by my knees and I was on my back in the sling. Amazing...I was vers in those days, now mostly top… shy but get turned on by group situations as it turns out.

Other massage: in the Malaysia was OK but he couldn't resist playing with the rod, unsuccessfully but I tipped him 100B even though I wasn't in the mood. The Ambassador Hotel on Soi 11 has some good male masseurs: i think the Thai massage is all above board but the oil massage guy was heading towards a HJ before I stopped him: want to conserve my mojo for real encounters...

This trip the new experience was going to R3 near Tesco Lotus for their O-night, not much happened for quite a bit, mostly was Asian on Asian attraction, but I just followed the guys up to the top floor where they were waiting around the bar for more than an hour with nothing happening. The MC guy then started talking and the models came out to stand on plinths and be felt up… 95%+ of the crowd Asian, all of us just in towels, and then he opened up the top level; you had to be naked to get up there, and he was pretending to check everyone's erections before letting you past... I am well hung for a white guy so he was quite surprised when I went by, hard but not yet upright… the models wore luminescent wristbands and were being attended to by guys with others watching, took me a while before I worked out what was going on and the queue system. Ended up fucking one of the models on a bed while a group watched... this was going on in about five places around the top floor. He took it like a pro, big 180cm Chinese looking muscled lad… sometimes he opened his mouth and sucked a rod that was given to him, sometimes there was a hand on my ass, gently pressing up and down as I pumped him. Once there was a hand feeling my cock going into him but I kept on going, changed positions a couple of times, was so turned on that I came in the condom. Poor guy seemed exhausted after that: hope he got to rest. Another slim Thai guy knelt and sucked me clean and dry. Hot, then time to go to catch the last Metro back to Asok/Sukhumvit.

Enough for now but have a few more stories and travel tips if anyone is interested.

Like walking stupidly long distances across the city...with headphones in the time passes quickly...

I walk a lot in Bangkok, but for the distances you mention, I would uses bus or taxi. Do the headphones block sound from around? That could get you into dangerous situations, not hearing what goes on around you.

Other massage: in the Malaysia was OK...I tipped him 100B...

I'm not sure if I understand that correctly, but a 100 Baht tip for 1 hour oil massage is at the very low end of expectations in tourist places.

R3 near Tesco Lotus...

I just followed the guys up to the top floor where they were waiting around the bar for more than an hour with nothing happening. The MC guy then started talking and the models came out to stand on plinths and be felt up… 95%+ of the crowd Asian, all of us just in towels, and then he opened up the top level; you had to be naked to get up there, and he was pretending to check everyone's erections before letting you past... I am well hung for a white guy so he was quite surprised when I went by, hard but not yet upright… the models wore luminescent wristbands and were being attended to by guys with others watching, took me a while before I worked out what was going on and the queue system.

There are many Tesco Lotus around Bangkok, without specifying which once, this information has little value. R3 sauna is near Fortune Town shopping center (there is only one Fortune Town).

I went to R3 on one such special event and found it highly annoying how they keep people waiting. Details here:

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/12/r3-sauna-bangkok-ratchada.html

Enough for now but have a few more stories and travel tips if anyone is interested.

Yes.

Guest tom2014

Ok more posts to come!

About the massages and tip:, I love just normal massage, usually by a man, cost 250-500b per hour, maybe thai dry style or oil... I'm not seeking a HJ or anything more, although often I get aroused just by the physical touch. So 100B is a courtesy tip and I hope reasnable. It's not for extra services. As far as the massage guy is concerned, I behave like a straight tourist - who would get told ff by his gf if he chose a youngish lady masseuse!

About the Tesco reference: I'm not writing a travel guide. There may be lots of Tescos but there is only one R3.

About the walking: good point but I am alert and careful. The biggest danger I find is uneven pavements, low hanging wires and obstructins generally.

great report, kinda similar what I don in BKK hehe ;-) Looking forward to more!

Massage

I love massage, though, and get about an hour session most days. 

If you like massage as you do, I highly recommend doing 1.5 hours instead of just 1. Makes a big difference I find. That's for "just" massage, no HE or anything (I know vinapu always does 1.5h to have plenty of time for unrushed extras), I just find it much more effective in achieving what it is supposed to achieve, i.e. relaxation.

As for tips, I usually tip 100, too, for a normal massage without extras. If the massage is really good, I give more. I have one guy at The Prime I book sometimes, and he gets 500 for a 1.5 hour oil with no extras coz I like his work so much. 

Ok more posts to come!

About the massages and tip:, I love just normal massage, usually by a man, cost 250-500b per hour, maybe thai dry style or oil... I'm not seeking a HJ or anything more, although often I get aroused just by the physical touch. So 100B is a courtesy tip and I hope reasnable. It's not for extra services. As far as the massage guy is concerned, I behave like a straight tourist - who would get told ff by his gf if he chose a youngish lady masseuse!

I must live in a different Universe! For me a 100 B tip is not a courtesy it is an insult. Saying that I know of others who tip that little even though sex may be involved.  I would think a tip equal to the cost of the massage would be more in order.

I must live in a different Universe! For me a 100 B tip is not a courtesy it is an insult. Saying that I know of others who tip that little even though sex may be involved.  I would think a tip equal to the cost of the massage would be more in order.

I get my hair cut in the UK and pay just over £10.  Almost nobody tips, because we paid for the service in the price.

Hair cuts in Thailand have cost me between 60 & 400 baht. The cost of the service is in the price, so no tip is paid.

A regular massage with no extras is the same as a hair cut.   The cost of the service is in the price, so no tip is required.

Although I have usually tipped, if the service was satisfactory.  If anyone decides to follow the earlier example & tip 100 baht for a regular massage, then that tip is still 1/3rd of the daily minimum wage in Thailand.  That's not an insult.  Of course, it is very low when even modest extra services are included, which I think was implied in the original post.

I also don't tip the 7-Eleven staff, bus drivers, street sweepers, bank staff & a long list of other professions. The lines drawn between professions where no one tips and tipping is common are quite illogical.

Some countries have a strong tipping culture & in others, a tip would be an insult. 

If you're visiting a country without a strong tipping culture, just don't feel obliged to take advice from people from a country that does have a strong tipping culture. 

I don't experience any suggestion tha5 I have insulted the masseur by tipping 100 thb for a massage in several places I visit where there is NO SEXUAL services on offer. In fact a couple of my regular masseurs greet me with a big smile.

I think the arguments about tipping will continue ad infinitum on all forums usually instigated by the two week millionaires who label anyone who doesn't tip at the same level as "cheap Charlie's"

IMO tipping is an individual thing based on service received.

Masseurs at Massage Houses may get a cut of the House fee but they do count on a decent tip from the customer. Hard to believe someone could be happy with 100 Baht tip but have heard that from other guys. And no, I am not a two week millionaire ,I  live here many months at a time and live on a tight budget. But I do have empathy for the workers in certain trades and do try to support them so that the scene here in Thailand (or at least in Pattaya) does not fade away.  I see the massage boys sitting for hours in front of their establishments with no customers but that is in Pattaya.  When in bars/clubs I also do what I can to help the workers with some tips rather than sit on my hands as do many farang.

So, yes, maybe I am a sucker? 

Oh, and yes, even give the barber a 20 Baht tip even though my haircuts are of short duration.

PS- I also give  change to beggars in the street; give motorbike taxi drivers a little extra; give an empty Baht Bus driver 20 Baht instead of 10 Baht; sometimes leave change at 7/11; min tip at restaurants is 40 Baht/person; min tip for drink at bar/club 20 Baht, etc. Nothing cheap about Koko!

Guest tom2014

Ok to clarify, I don't go to gay massage places and be stingy when they are depending on extra fun and big tip. I did once and tipped generously as told to by the mamasan (spelling?).

Give you an example: massage in hotel, eg ambassador, Malaysia, heritage, etc. tip is 10-40% of the massage cost as a courtesy.

Also same applies for me when going to random on street massage shops eg have been to some near khaosan road, also just off sukhumvit road.

So 100b is adequate to mildly generous in this context. I'm not getting into tipping in general which may be a transatlantic argument.

Thanks for comments - great to know you are reading it. Will add more when time allows, soon.

Guest tom2014

For a few days in Phuket, my first visit, I enjoyed just flopping by the pool and on the beach. It rained a little but was hot generally. Phuket was nice and I was staying at the Holiday Inn Resort, near the beach but not on it. I prefer Koh Samui, much more relaxed.

Fired up the Grindr... chatted with some nice guys but as usual 1 in 100 were my type, genuine, not money boys, and interested... met a cute Beijing guy and arranged to meet on the beach that evening as he was part of a group and busy. I brought a couple of beers and we walked and talked. He was a masters student, quite nationalistic I realised with a shock as he defended China's authoritarian ways - prosperity and progress more important than liberty and human rights, he said. Hmmm. Stayed away from politics after that. He was genuinely a nice boy, 23-24 years old, and desperate to be fucked well, so it would have been rude not to, despite his brainwashed views. We went to my room, pretty busy hotel so no issues about getting in and around, and had lots of fun. He was lean almost skinny, with a cute very slim oriental ass and smallish penis, boxer briefs. He enjoyed it lots, and so did I :). Chinese guys are somehow more raw, unpolished than say HK or malaysian or singaporean - maybe it's harder to meet with people and they are less experienced? He took it really well, was very clean and smelt of soap.

Afterwards I thought I had lost my wallet, or that he had taken it - I could not find it but did not think that he was the type to steal but I was not sure, so we said goodbye after showers but promised to keep in touch, while I was searching casually around for the wallet. Maybe I could have been friendlier but I was not sure at that point. I found the wallet the next morning in the room and felt bad, but I had not actually mentioned it to him and he messaged to say he enjoyed himself and we should keep in touch, which we have done. 

Back to BKK, staying in a good 4* hotel off Sukhumvit Road, near Asok/Nana for the last few days - nice room, good view, great location, relatively expensive for me but still very OK by UK standards. Did not get so many massages during this spell - one at Babylon, one at Khao San Road area. Both non-sexual, not that expensive and usual tip of 100B. Which is absolutely right and not mean: these are non-sex massages and not in massage houses... Babylon is a gay sauna, yes, but it's strictly to time, in a public room, with a properly trained masseur, for relatively high prices. The other place was also just a normal unisex massage place. So those who have criticised me for not tipping more than 100B are not understanding the context. 

Travelled on the orange line river boat - very cheap indeed and an experience in itself. 30 mins or so from Central Pier, by Saphan Taksin to Phra Aphrit (N13). Bought some underwear in the Robinson store near Saphan Taksin, good selection of briefs, jocks, designer stuff, quite pricy :) why do they have so many jocks if thai guys don't play rugby, cricket, american football, baseball? ... must be fashion or sex. Can't just be farang.

Met a couple of guys in my last week in BKK. Can write up if you like. Feedback welcome and questions. I appreciate I may be unusual in being 30s, not paying for sex, doing other things in BKK (not going to mention my non-sexual and professional interests to maintain privacy)... but I hope a clear report with some details of interest.