abidismaili

Go go boys and other moneyboys avoid being seen with Farang

Here another observation I had during my last trip. I never noticed it before.

I took a boy from a beer bar in Boyztown back to my hotel in Sunee. He insisted on leaving Boyztown not via the main Soi but via a small side exit near Copa bar. Didn't even know it existed. That exit takes you to a hotel lobby and then to the left is the exit to the street. This avoided him being seen by most other boys in Boyztown. Then when we came near Sunee he insisted he didn't want to talk past the bars. He not wanted to be seen with me. I asked why and he said something like there will be chatting/gossip among the other boys. That is how I interpreted his answer.

Same thing I noticed with Hornet boy. He did not want to be seen with me in Sunee.

Why this for me new behavior? These boys know from each other they are moneyboys. So what is the problem if an acquaintance sees them with me?

Now you may think I look horrendous and that that is the reason. But I can assure you I look good. At least better than the average Farangs I see. So there must be another reason. Also because the beer bar boy made the approach and made very clear he wanted me. I held off and finally gave in. His seduction worked.

So what can be the reason for not wanting to be seen? Others noticed this behavior before? First time I see it. This was my 6th trip to Thailand. So I have some experience already.

Normally a Thai guy is not going to want to walk back to someone's hotel but rather take a motorbike for 40 Baht. Kind of says something about the farang being too penurious to pay for a bike. And unless you want to walk, then two bikes not two on one bike.

I see you also have no answer why they don't want their friends to see them with a Farang.

And about me sitting on money. I think I am one of the best tippers out there. When was the last time you gave a boy 4000 baht for short time? I did last week. Now who is sitting on money here?

I often give 2000 baht just for spending an afternoon with me. No sex.

When was the last time you did that? Ok, in your scenario they have to walk less. I don't mind walking 7 minutes. I take motor bike taxi or baht bus for longer distances.

I see you also have no answer why they don't want their friends to see them with a Farang.

And about me sitting on money. I think I am one of the best tippers out there. When was the last time you gave a boy 4000 baht for short time? I did last week. Now who is sitting on money here?

I often give 2000 baht just for spending an afternoon with me. No sex.

When was the last time you did that? Ok, in your scenario they have to walk less. I don't mind walking 7 minutes. I take motor bike taxi or baht bus for longer distances.

You don't mind walking 7 minutes but likely they do. Maybe they don't want to be paraded down the sois with a farang?

Easy to ask if they would like a motorbike.  No one is questioning your generosity regarding tipping.

When I do off a guy I don't want to be seen walking with him because I don't want the stares and gossip from other farang I may encounter. Just tell him, see you at XXX Hotel/Condo.

You did ask for reasons and you got one whether that is the actual scenario or not. See what others think.

I had this a few times. Wouldn't spend too much thought on it. There might be animosities between certain boys, boy A doesn't want boy B to see him with Farang C for whichever reasons. Just do what he wants as long as it's resonable and focus on more important things.

These boys are basically prostitutes. The reluctant ones probably don't feel comfortable to be seen in public with their clients. On the other extreme end, some of them like to cling to their customers even to the extent of kissing in public. I prefer those who act neutral outside, and passionate when in private. Asking them to come to your room on their own is a good option.

I'm not sure that the issue is about being seen with a falang. My boyfriend's best mate from up north sometimes stays with us in BT. He's quite happy to walk with us  when we go to have dinner together but if he wants to go out to the 711 or whatever in the evening, he wants my bf to accompany him past Toyboys, Funny boys and the massage joint...he says he's "shy". I should add that he's in his 30s, gay but non-scene and has a well- paid job. He lived in Pattaya years ago but never visited BT until my bf and I stayed there.Too shy?

Once we went together to Phuket...he wouldn't even walk through the Paradise Complex. I questioned my bf at length about this...all he could say is that "he's shy." He's more than happy to travel with us and stay at hotels in other Thai towns.

This is one of the many issues that remind me that, the more experience I have of Thailand and its gay life from decades of visits, the less I understand. 

You don't mind walking 7 minutes but likely they do. Maybe they don't want to be paraded down the sois with a farang?

Easy to ask if they would like a motorbike.  No one is questioning your generosity regarding tipping.

When I do off a guy I don't want to be seen walking with him because I don't want the stares and gossip from other farang I may encounter. Just tell him, see you at XXX Hotel/Condo.

You did ask for reasons and you got one whether that is the actual scenario or not. See what others think.

Ok. Sorry. Misunderstood.

If he had asked he wanted motor bike I would have done it. Just didn't think about it myself because for me strange to do for relatively short distance.

I guess they don't want their friends know they have business, otherwise their friends probably may ask them to share some money with them such as paying for the food or rent if they are living together.

I like this explanation. I know they borrow from each other. And that indeed can be a reason. Good thinking!

I don't think so. Just the reverse . They don't want their BF back in the USA who is sending monthly stipends to find out he seeing other customers.

Would not bother me( depending on how much I was sending) but might bother some.

Years ago, I had a few boys that I kept in cash money.  I told them I'd give them 20K baht per month if they wanted to go home to family while I was away or they could keep working in Pattaya and get nothing until I return and then take them off again.  I didn't care which they chose.  But, I didn't want to keep cash flowing and working with others at the same time. This was at least 8 years back so not bad money back then, but not as much as one could make if they were a superstar. :)

there are a lot of reasons for such behavior, you can choose one or few:

- boy is new and still is shy of his business

- boy is foreigner (Laos, Cambodia) and don't want to show to Thai boys he is good in business: they can be jealous on competitor

- boy took money from someone who is sitting at straight way from Sanny with promise "to pay right when I will have money" but is not ready to pay

- boy doesn't want other know he will have money tomorrow

- boy has sponsor and doesn't want other boys to tell his sponsor what boy has some side-business

and so on... it is market :)

Well you get all types.

Some are almost insist upon walking all the way from Sunee to Boystown holding hands.

Some will do the same, but then walk 2 metres behind you when going past specific bars. 

Some are shy the whole time.

Most of the reasons for them not wanting to be seen with someone are listed earlier in the thread.

Boyfriends and the opinions of their friends obviously matter.

Also, the minority who are from, or have relatives living in Pattaya will tend to be more discrete.

It works both ways.  

I think most of us are happy to walk down the street in Pattaya holding hands with someone half our age, but quite a few of us would be more shy about doing that in our home towns.

A proportion of rent boys in Pattaya are reluctant to walk to walk at all and instead take motor bikes even for the shortest journeys. During my last trip I hired a boy from GR in the early afternoon and after sex decided to go to Soi Buakhow market and asked him to accompany me, as I had thoughts of asking him to sleep with me overnight. From BT to the market is no distance but he insisted we go by motor bike taxi stating that it was a long way and too hot. I refused stating that two taxis would be needed and with reluctance he walked with me. The boys usually want motor bikes for Sunee to BT and vice versa. I think their standard of fitness is often not good but there can be other reasons for not walking. I occasionally walk from Jomtien to BT or Sunee for excercise but the boys think that is an amazing feat of physical endurance !. No wonder Thailands athletic achievements are rather modest !.

I usually like to hold hands with my boyfriends du jour such as when walking between the motor bike parking at Jomtien and the gay beach, and mostly they also like doing this, even though you get some stares. On the beach the occasional kiss or cuddle is acceptable by most.

I notice the Lao boys always hold my hand like they won a prize, but they are in a hurry to leave my room. The boy from Nice boys I offed for about two weeks and would always want to hold my hand wherever we went. I felt a bit nervous on Walking street as I thought some drunk homophobe might pick a fight. I received curious stares from look out point as he would pat my face with a towel.

This guy was not that young, only half my age, usually I I like them a third of my age,lol. Maybe cause I paid him 3 k a day and opened a bank account for him and gave him the equivalent of about 6 k a day he wanted to do everything he could for me. He really took great care of me. I collapsed a couple times because of a med I'm taking and he watched every step I took to make sure I didn't fall. He avoided walking past Nice boys as they would ask him why he wasn't at work, what was he up to.

Probably depends a lot on the farang. Just be honest with yourself and ask a simple question: when you were his age, did you want to be seen walking down the street with current you? I think when I answer "no" to that question, I'll probably stop doing it, too. Probably.

Unless distance is very short I always ask them if they want walk or taxi , usually answer is 'up to you' which means walking for me. Sometimes I sense they feel not easy so let them to walk alone in front or behind me at their own pace.

Thais are not big on walking, stroll along Suriwong from Arena to BBBInn seems like running half marathon for them.  

Reading threads like this one always brings memories for me of relevant experiences, and for this one I remember having a boy with me for Three days whilst staying at the Ambiance. We had breakfast at about 11 and I decided to take him to the Dongtan beach. If you know me you will know I love lying on a sunny beach especially when accompanied by a nice hot boy.

For the short distance to Second Road he held my hand but immediately detached on leaving BT and walked behind me to the baht bus rank going to Jomtien. I got on and sat where there was space for two, but he ignored me and stood on the platform at the back, where he remained even when vacant seats became available, until we arrived at the seafront turn. During the walk to the gay beach he held my hand tightly and said that he was happy to be with me. We had a nice afternoon which included a swim in close proximity during which he was not at all shy.

It seems that the boys are rather ashamed being seen away from the gay areas with much older farangs with it being obvious what the relationship is. I recall this boy was 20 whereas I am much much older. Away from Pattaya or BKK Suriwong this experience would be very much more pronounced.

I got on and sat where there was space for two, but he ignored me and stood on the platform at the back, where he remained even when vacant seats became available, until we arrived at the seafront turn. 

hahaha... no, here is another reason for such behavior: it is the place with best cooling by air :) I like to stay there also :)

Guest ronnie4you

"Now you may think I look horrendous and that that is the reason. But I can assure you I look good. At least better than the average Farangs I see."

Careful, now!~ You are asking us average farangs to answer your inquiry!

Personally, I would be proud to walk down the street with myself! If the guy is not, it's his problem.

Guest frequentflier

I have just returned from 2 weeks in Pattaya,spent most of my evenings in Boyztown.My experience is exactly the opposite.I was a little surprised that some of the guys I met there almost insisted on holding my hand.Personally I do not show that kind of affection but it was nice to receive it.most of the guys I went with were from Toy Boys,one was from Funny Boys..