Guest Butterflyboy

Dangerous Sukhumvit Road

Guest Butterflyboy

I give this warning for anyone travelling on Sukhumvit Road between Thepprasit Road and Chaiyapruek Road in Pattaya. Both North and South bound lanes. (between Lotus and Sea World)

The Sukhimvit Road has been widened from 2 to 4 lanes. However the road makers / contractors whatever, seem to have forgotten that good foundations are required to make a road.

As soon as there is any amount of rain the road lifts and opens up leaving pot holes all over the place.

Its so bad, especially on the South bound side, that motorbikes have to travel in lane 3 to avoid going down a new hole or even an old one, as the council don't seem concerned to right the situation quickly.

I have to travel on this road on my motorbike every day and at night it is frightening to have to be in lane 3 with fast traffic wizzing by.

Beware any travellers, even the cars won't use the 1st and 2nd lanes due to this problem.

What a total waist of money widening this road. Looks like someome in Pattaya has pocketed the money for the foundations.. The Road is a death trap.